woolrich woolen mills s/s 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ctrlaltelite, Jun 22, 2010.

1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yeah, I'm comparing this seasons items there. I've often found EG outerwear to be pretty trim, my FW10 Bedford is a Large and it's very trim fitting.

2. Al_Bury

Al_Bury Active Member

Does anyone know how the XL WWM Shiprock will measure up? Is WWM XL generally true to size?

End haven't got the measurements on their site.

If I'm ordering from the US to UK I don't want to be worrying if it'll fit me.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Does anyone know how the XL WWM Shiprock will measure up? Is WWM XL generally true to size? End haven't got the measurements on their site. If I'm ordering from the US to UK I don't want to be worrying if it'll fit me.
    the xl will be quite large. probably ~ 23-24" pit-to-pit. it will likely measure similar to this. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2027

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

How true to size do their chinos/cargos fit?

Cheers

5. whatever123

How true to size do their chinos/cargos fit? Cheers
    in my experience they run true to tag size or in some cases 1" smaller than their tag size. it depends on the pant. im a true 34 and i usually buy 34 in all wwm and eg pants.

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

in my experience they run true to tag size or in some cases 1" smaller than their tag size. it depends on the pant. im a true 34 and i usually buy 34 in all wwm and eg pants.

Thanks - I need to get down from a 37ish true to a 36...

7. whatever123

Thanks - I need to get down from a 37ish true to a 36...
    if your a true 37 you may be okay in a 36. one of the other issues you might run into is a lot of the newer (2010 season) wwm pants are cut quite narrow in the upper-thigh. so that might be something else you might want to also keep in mind. yoox has several wwm pants, or at least they did a while back, in a 36 and 38 that you might want to try to get a feel for how their sized. there quality is good ... similar to a unis in terms of construction but not as good as something by monitaly or some of the japanese clothing designers (ts(s), sda, rm's, etc.).

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

if your a true 37 you may be okay in a 36. one of the other issues you might run into is a lot of the newer (2010 season) wwm pants are cut quite narrow in the upper-thigh. so that might be something else you might want to also keep in mind. yoox has several wwm pants, or at least they did a while back, in a 36 and 38 that you might want to try to get a feel for how their sized.

there quality is good ... similar to a unis in terms of construction but not as good as something by monitaly or some of the japanese clothing designers (ts(s), sda, rm's, etc.).

Thanks - I'm a 36 in Albam & Garbstore and can size down to a 34 in Universal Works so maybe a 36 would be best to try.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

The pictures at Context are great, and very representative of the jacket but in case anybody is interested in some fit pics, here are a few quick ones....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shirt is the EG polka dot workshirt which is a bit on the long side. I wore it with a EP's red chambray today that was much shorter and didn't stick out at all which was nice. Also, colors are brighter in real life then these pics, Context does a better job of showing the true color.

10. whatever123

nice fit and that color so cool.

did they shorten the sleeve length this year or do you have longer arms?

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I have pretty long arms, often have sleeve length issues though actually I find this perfect for my taste.

12. rookieleague

rookieleague Well-Known Member

I [​IMG]'d the UK pricing of the Trail Parka earlier but I'm part of the problem - bought one this afternoon after trying it on. Of all the Daiki pieces I've owned and tried on, this might be my favourite.

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

rookieleague- nice, what color did you get?

14. rookieleague

rookieleague Well-Known Member

Green - I love the colour, really sticks out against the rest of my wardrobe. The Context photos show it better than the lookbook.

15. whatever123

Green - I love the colour, really sticks out against the rest of my wardrobe. The Context photos show it better than the lookbook.

context is outta the green medium? wtf? did they buy one?