1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

woolrich woolen mills s/s 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ctrlaltelite, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

[​IMG]

lol i went to high school with this du

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol i went to high school with this du

is that a good or a bad thing hah

i think barneys and a few bloomies still have the parka so you should call up and ask an SA nicely to find your medium dude ^^^

3. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

What is the difference between "Woolrich" and "Woolrich Woolen Mills"? As I see nothing that is posted in this thread on Woolrich.com [​IMG]

Is WWM the more fashion forward division of the Woolrich brand, or are they completely separate?

Sorry if this has been answered before... I searched the thread but had no luck.

Here you go...

seems like more of a streetwear question but I'll go ahead and answer

there are 3 lines of Woolrich right now.

Woolrich Woolen Mills (WWM) - to me is the most desireable. It is designed currently by Daiki Suzuki who also designs engineered garments. The fit is spot on, slim but not skin tight. The pieces are expensive and attractive but it is possible to get decent deals on ebay or yoox every now and then.

Woolrich by John Rich & Bros - this is the European Woolrich which from what I have seen, is the same quality as regular woolrich but has slightly better designs (though mostly nothing outstanding) and should have a slimmer, more modern fit. Pieces are very expensive, like WWM at retail, but bargains can be had on ebay. The tags are blue I believe with yellow writing. They say John Rich & Bros on the tags. This line has nothing to do with Daiki or WWM.

Woolrich - this is the original American line, ho hum, equivalent to LL Bean or Land's end. Pieces are good quality I am sure like the other American outdoor clothiers but the fit is awful and a size small in this line would probably fit like a size Large in the other lines. The items are generally low in cost but not worth it IMO unless you really need something strictly utilitarian.

hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  4. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

I'm looking for the WWM Ranger pant in Olive, size 32/33.

They are working out at £200 in the UK though. Any US members seen these on Sale/know where I can cop a bit cheaper?

Thanks.

5. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the Labrador Parka? Specifically:

I have measurements, and it seems like I should get a large, but 24 in p2p seems mental. I do have a 42" chest though and the model on TBS is wearing a large. Go for it?
    Is it waterproof/water resistant?

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

Can anyone here comment on how the Trail Parka this season fits? I'm picking one up from slide13 (shout out for being a great seller!), but am slightly worried that it will be too loose on me. I've scoured through this thread, but have seen some conflicting information, so I'm thoroughly confused. I'm a 39 - 40" chest and have 17.5" shoulders. 5 foot 8. I weigh 160-165 pounds. The Trail Parka that I picked up is a size medium. I really hope it fits. I've never handled any WWM before, and this jacket looks killer (well, bowvalley2000's fits do, anyway). [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Gaillimh Abu

Gaillimh Abu Senior member

Should be perfect, pretty much the same measurements as you and M was bang on.

8. jhoo04

jhoo04 Senior member

Can anyone here comment on how the Trail Parka this season fits? I'm picking one up from slide13 (shout out for being a great seller!), but am slightly worried that it will be too loose on me. I've scoured through this thread, but have seen some conflicting information, so I'm thoroughly confused.

I'm a 39 - 40" chest and have 17.5" shoulders. 5 foot 8. I weigh 160-165 pounds.

The Trail Parka that I picked up is a size medium.

I really hope it fits. I've never handled any WWM before, and this jacket looks killer (well, bowvalley2000's fits do, anyway). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bang on for medium. I'm 5' 10" 165lbs and wear a medium.

9. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. Really looking forward to feeling this piece in person. Even if it ends up being a tad loose, there's always the option of saving it for a little later in the year than it's intended for, and putting a layer or two beneath it.

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Hey, Yoox.com removed all the WWM from their web site...WTF?[​IMG]

11. gululv

gululv Senior member

Anyone wanna swap a green medium for a gold medium? If yes, pm me.

12. gululv

gululv Senior member

Of the trail parka, forgot to write that.

13. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Hey, Yoox.com removed all the WWM from their web site...WTF?[​IMG]

I noticed this too. On Monday, every item was listed as Sold Out (unlikely) and now there's nothing from either Woolrich or WWM listed at all. Seems like they lost their licensing to sell that brand.

14. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

^^^ That would be a bummer! ^^^

15. gululv

gululv Senior member

Yeah, most likely, changed my mind actually. I must have been drunk.

16. gululv

gululv Senior member

Or, actually, I might sell it, as I just bought the cabourn aircraft jacket in green, and these two jackets feel so similar.

17. weebarneyman

weebarneyman Active Member

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a WWM Maxima Trail Parka in Kelly Green, size medium???? New or used.

18. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Senior member

I feel like a missed the boat on the anorak shirt [​IMG] anyone know where there are a few of those left in a medium?

19. jjmorales

jjmorales Member

I've spent hours looking for one Trail Parka in red, size L, if somebody knows where I can get one, please, please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  20. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

btw: saw a Labrador parka size M at Blumis in SOHO for less than 100 on pre-sale! Just in case someone is interested. I took all the other stuff that was still there! ;-)