Woolrich Woolen Mills Fall/Winter 2009

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Chip

Chip Senior member

sz 30 please...

[​IMG]

2. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

What colors did they make that pant in? Its pretty sweet.

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I doubt this shirt warrants my first pic, but happy to tell you what you want to know. It fits like a snug though not quite tight overshirt rather than a loose jacket. Nice detailing through-out. The wool is thin jacket weight rather than shirt weight and the zip/button front works well. I expect I will just use the zip and not bother with the buttons. Also, has a throat latch that can be buttoned open, left hanging or buttoned closed, which is not that obvious. Also has lots of white cotton bits used for gussets, cuff linings, the latch lining, pocket flap lining and pocket reinforcement. The stitching is machine done and generally neat and serviceable, with some whip-stitch finishing.
    This is a reminder that while the shirts look like they were designed for a purpose, they were not. Cotton muslin trim is pretty stupid on a wool shirt - I took the shirt kayaking and while the wool dried quickly when I got back to camp, the cotton stayed damp for a long time afterwards. It wasn't that cold, so no big deal, but it is that kind of poorly thought out detailing that makes the shirt more of a fashion item than something true to Woolrich's functional heritage.

4. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Does anyone know what fabrics the Upland comes in this fall? Other then the red and olive shadow plaid.

5. erbs

erbs Senior member

Does anyone know what fabrics the Upland comes in this fall? Other then the red and olive shadow plaid.
    I second this question.

6. Yo-han

Yo-han Senior member

I second this question.

black upland/serge wool

7. Servo2000

Servo2000 Well-Known Member

I was at Barney's Los Angeles and - I could be remembering incorrectly - but they had what I thought I recalled being a selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills stuff. There was a jacket that was a relatively short grey-wool that I imagine was filled with down - it had a neck strap that was lined with what felt like rabbit felt. Ran around $600. They didn't have it in a small and I don't see it in this line-up or in the S/S one.

Am I going crazy? I'm trying to find this thing but I can't find it anywhere in photos or in stores except for the medium and large they had at Barneys.

8. robin

robin Senior member

I was at Barney's Los Angeles and - I could be remembering incorrectly - but they had what I thought I recalled being a selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills stuff. There was a jacket that was a relatively short grey-wool that I imagine was filled with down - it had a neck strap that was lined with what felt like rabbit felt. Ran around $600. They didn't have it in a small and I don't see it in this line-up or in the S/S one. Am I going crazy? I'm trying to find this thing but I can't find it anywhere in photos or in stores except for the medium and large they had at Barneys.
    I think it's in the John Rich stuff, not Woolen Mills. Barney's Seattle has a similar sounding jacket, but I thought it had a hood.

9. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

black upland/serge wool

Anyone seen this online anywhere?

10. Servo2000

Servo2000 Well-Known Member

I think it's in the John Rich stuff, not Woolen Mills. Barney's Seattle has a similar sounding jacket, but I thought it had a hood.

It definitely had a hood (forgot to mention, obviously - the neckstrap was sort of "in" the hood and covered the lower part of the face for inclement weather). I suspect you're probably right about it being the John Rich stuff from looking at their website.

Much appreciated!

11. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thoughts on this?
    I am still undecided, while it is a cool piece I am not sure how much wear it will actually get b/c of the plaid....
    [​IMG]

12. sonicreducer

sonicreducer Senior member

Thoughts on this?
    I am still undecided, while it is a cool piece I am not sure how much wear it will actually get b/c of the plaid....

what other colors/patterns does this come in? i saw a green one a while back if i remember correctly. looked to be the same color/material as the ripstop parka.

13. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

edubs, I think the plaid is great on the Upland, on the vest not so much.

14. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

What is the difference between the Woolen Mills and John Rich lines? I assume the designers are different, but they seem to have a similar feel to them and I don't quite get the distinction. Also where are they available to see and try on in person? Bergdorf? Barney's?

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Anybody know where to get the Ranger Shirt in the red/black combo?