• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich Woolen Mills F/W 2011

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the f/w 11 preview. im really liking his first collection.

thoughts and discussion ...

00130m.jpg
00120m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00030m.jpg

gululv

Reaction score
I don't feel this at all, looks like a total different brand to me.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those leathers look awfully vinyl-ly.

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
I really like the boots. Not sure about the rest; I guess we all need to get used to the fact that there is a new creative director for WWM.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Is mcnairy considered a real designer? Seems like anything can be passed for "designer" these days.

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
very true

Originally Posted by jet
Is mcnairy considered a real designer? Seems like anything can be passed for "designer" these days.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
personally, i like the line what ive seen from the line. he is using different materials and refining the fits.

i think its a nice change, albeit a little collegiate but there is nothing wrong with that.

raven37457

Reaction score
Not a fan of most of the pieces. Too "collegiate" for my taste. However, I do like the toggle jacket in navy and burgundy(?) and I will give the line a few more seasons before throwing in the towel.

It is a drastic change. We went from hunting, fishing, workwear to ivy league elite. However, I am not surprised given McNairy's design aesthetic.

mpcec

Reaction score
Stupid collection to be made under the WWM label. Almost looks like BoO meet J. Crew...doesn't even look like McNairy. Not really quirky at all, very boring and the WWM beanies are such a roll eyes. Also this:
Originally Posted by WWM Site
Every single piece of the Woolrich Woolen Mills collection has its own history, use and functionality that derive from the American outdoor world.
has been totally lost with this collection. E: That being said, I like the black pants and shirt from the first look and I think this stuff would blend in really well with other "americana" brands. I just don't understand why McNairy couldn't step a little more outside his comfort zone to make something more relevant to the history of Woolen Mills (with Daiki, and before Daiki)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
at least i wont be fighting with you bitches for the m & l pieces, although this line is likely to be more appealing to a broader group of people.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
wow, not really feeling any of this stuff when compared to Suzuki's designs... someone called it right saying this looks like an entirely different brand. the parka and the plaid BD worn under the vest look alright, but the rest...

rookieleague

Reaction score
I like some of the jackets and bags, but if the pricing goes any higher I can give this stuff a miss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads