Woolrich Woolen Mills F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Feb 19, 2011.

1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I'm not liking it at all either, but I didn't really expect to. Not a big MM fan and I've always been partial to Daiki's designs. I'll miss this as a compliment to his EG stuff.

2. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

I dunno, some of the individual pieces might be ok, but the styling of the lookbook is horrible all around. Should've gotten more WWM items from Daiki's last aw season. If this is what's to come, I think I'll stick to EG from now.

And the whole MARPAT/digicamo thing McNairy has going on is really tacky.

3. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

i like the duffle coats and the pant silhouettes.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Looks like Band of Outsiders trying to imitate Undercover. Also it sucks.

5. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Interesting for a completely different direction. Not liking it too much, except the maybe the cut of the pants.

6. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

I'm new to this side of the pond but these duffle coats are very poorly fitted to the model. Looks like some Thom Browne sh!t on otherwise reinterpreted American classics. Or did the WWM designers really intend the look to be this way?
    more from the collection. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i really hate the beanies ... wtf is that? why would anyone think its cool to have a label blazoned on the forehead again?

8. FrankNine

FrankNine Active Member

Nice!! im really loving the jackets this season, cheers for the photos bro.

9. JMK

JMK Senior member

The sleeve length on the coats does look short.

10. surver

surver Well-Known Member

it's amazing how MM has managed to completely kill, butcher, extradite the very essence and soul of WWM at one go...

i think that brands that are very attached to the individual personalities of the [founding] creators should STOP when those creators leave/exit/quit... at least this way the integrity of these brands will remain and not get destroyed... look what happened with helmut lang, jil sander (prada's really to blame for the demise of these 2 brands), dior homme... hmmm...

11. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

I was at Odin today and they just got the first fall pieces in. Two wool blazers, a chino and the black mountain parka. I didn't try anything on, so can't comment on the fit, but was surprised how much I liked the materials. The parka looks great, made from waxed cotton with a quilted interior. A nice, simple, clean piece. The chinos look on the slim side and are made from a sturdy, rough work-wear material with 4 pockets in the back. They could be a decent Ranger pant replacement. I want to go back there on a not so hot day and try the stuff on, in order to really comment on them!

12. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yeah, I have to say....the stuff isn't bad in person! Context got some pieces in including a couple wool blazer style jackets which seem excellent, an oxford shirt that is nice (though very much MM!) and a waxed cotten/nylong hooded jacket that I absolutely love. Fit is very good, similar to WWM in the past.....medium fits me perfect in all the pieces I tried on. Anyway, I had my doubts but I'm liking some of it after seeing it in person.

13. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Senior member

saw some price points on the park & bond site - looking more expensive than daiki's gear which is unfortunate. i will try to reserve judgement untill i see the pieces that i want to cop realistically (still feeling that trucker hat and the brogue boots)

14. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

Prices seem to be in line with the last years imo. As a matter of fact, the chinos I saw, were $ 178 (as far as I remember). Far less than the ranger pants, that were always way over 200.

15. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

Odin has some stuff up on there site