1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich WM FW10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I Just Want Me Some Rail Road Vests

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

3. iwhelan

iwhelan Senior member

When the days get shorter and the air gets crisper, this thread will hit prime time.

I'm looking forward to wearing my 09 Maine Guide Jacket (black melton wool). I like that jacket a lot.

It is great that WWM has been offering consistent pieces but in various colors/fabrics instead of changing things up completely each year.

4. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to wearing my 09 Maine Guide Jacket (black melton wool). I like that jacket a lot.

It is great that WWM has been offering consistent pieces but in various colors/fabrics instead of changing things up completely each year.

One of the Main Guide Jackets is definitlly on my shopping-list this winter!
    I also wanted another Upland jacket, but not sure now, because they changed the styling. Different front pockets and I think I remember a Norfolk type back? I guess I have to wait and see it in person, if one shows up in NYC. My favorite one was the navy F/W 08 one. I waited to long and than it was sold out. Still sad. If anyone has a medium, let me know.

5. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

This grey one is calling me,
    http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Wool...rey_17762.html

BUT they're already out of my size [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I cannot dig the piping on those vests.

But if I could, I would pick up the Stream Jacket, yow!

6. telemark

telemark Senior member

Am I to expect to pay around $570 for the parka (Blackbird's price)?

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

thats the reason i prefer them

8. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

Maine Guide jackets are the best imo. I have a navy melton wool and the plaid from this season is great. More subtle then others using the pattern and definitely going to be a definitive piece from Daiki's last Mills fall season. I actually got 2, so ones up for grabs now. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196177

9. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I used to think the same about them, but they've grown on me over the past 2 FW seasons, some still look a bit off to me but I can definitely stomach that grey one.

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Outside of the back pack and Balaclava, are there any accessories this season?

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Maine Guide jackets are the best imo.
    I have a navy melton wool and the plaid from this season is great. More subtle then others using the pattern and definitely going to be a definitive piece from Daiki's last Mills fall season. I actually got 2, so ones up for grabs now.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196177

i like it, but they're scratchy as hell.

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Has anyone tried on the toggle pea coat that Context has?

13. rookieleague

rookieleague Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sportmans jacket from The Bureau. Like this a lot.

14. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

Anyone happen to know which is warmer, the mountain parka or the maine guide jacket? Needs to be able to handle winter in Chicago.

15. robin

robin Senior member

Anyone happen to know which is warmer, the mountain parka or the maine guide jacket? Needs to be able to handle winter in Chicago.
    Probably both are about the same for warmth, though the parka might be more versatile with the hood. I wore my melton wool guide jacket in Chicago when I visited in Feb/Mar and it did alright during the day, but not so great at night...

16. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

Doesn't the mountain parka have a cotton shell? This would be a deal breaker for me. At least wool dries quickly and doesn't get or feel soggy in the snow/rain. My approach to Chicago winters has always been to layer, often with a heavy-ish wool mid layer topped with a lighter-weight waterproof shell, like the fisherman's caguole I picked up from Albam a few seasons ago.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Wore my Melton Wool Maine Guide Jacket in the snow in NYC. Layered underneath with a thermal, shirt and sweater it worked. The melton wool shouldn't let rain through, although it doesn't cover as much area as the parka.

18. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

[​IMG] Sportmans jacket from The Bureau. Like this a lot.
    This is definitely on my list of purchases, did it fit TTS? Also, anyone seen the knitwear being sold anywhere? Looking for the Lodge Cardigan or Lodge Vest.... Alsox2 just for an FYI, the Nepenthes NY store does stock WWM.

19. pthree

pthree Well-Known Member

Tried this one on as well. Fit true to size for me in size small.

This is definitely on my list of purchases, did it fit TTS?

Also, anyone seen the knitwear being sold anywhere? Looking for the Lodge Cardigan or Lodge Vest....

Alsox2 just for an FYI, the Nepenthes NY store does stock WWM.

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Also, anyone seen the knitwear being sold anywhere? Looking for the Lodge Cardigan or Lodge Vest....
    In knitwear, I've only seen the Field Wool Cardigan, at Unionmade. You might want to give them a call since they don't have that online, which means they have other items not online too.