Woolrich WM FW10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    The vest in the last frame layered over the maine guide jacket would look great over my maine guide from this year. Its not even spring 2010, and I'm alread thinking about F/W '10. I have a problem.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.

3. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like Mark McNairy is going to replace Daiki when his tenure is up. It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand changes.

Beat me to it!

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^^^
    that is exciting, his 'new amsterdam' stuff is slightly trad WWM... it'll bee interesting to see the direction he takes the line in.

5. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark

This rumour has been going around for a long time. Where was this published? I will of course google once I finish this sentence. It could be rather cool, if he would just make a WWM collection without dirty bucs or saddle shoes.

6. Max Coleman

Max Coleman Active Member

what are those shoes in the first pic?

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

This rumour has been going around for a long time. Where was this published? I will of course google once I finish this sentence. It could be rather cool, if he would just make a WWM collection without dirty bucs or saddle shoes.
    Here. Robin also just put it up on Mister Crew. Right, robbie- I'm wondering if it will take more of a trad turn, which would make it more wearable to me.

8. sonicreducer

sonicreducer Senior member

digital camo bowties for everyone!

9. Simontuntelder

Here. Robin also just put it up on Mister Crew. Right, robbie- I'm wondering if it will take more of a trad turn, which would make it more wearable to me.

Thanks, for posting it, I had already found it though. It had spread like a wildfire across a lot of blogs.

I have been buying way, way more WWM on behalf of EG lately.

I am a bit sceptical, I do however think that Mark could put out a good collection. Maybe making a bit more trad, as you have suggested. Woolrich is so much, if you look at their archieve, so it could go in any direction basically, so trad is an option for sure.

I'm really interested in WWM's progress, I hope he doesn't ruin it.

10. Simontuntelder

digital camo bowties for everyone!

Yes please [​IMG]

Have you seen that WWM links to Shoreman's write up on the McNairy stand at Capsule on their Twitter?

11. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    Thanks, for posting it, I had already found it though. It had spread like a wildfire across a lot of blogs.

I have been buying way, way more WWM on behalf of EG lately.

I am a bit sceptical, I do however think that Mark could put out a good collection. Maybe making a bit more trad, as you have suggested. Woolrich is so much, if you look at their archieve, so it could go in any direction basically, so trad is an option for sure.

I'm really interested in WWM's progress, I hope he doesn't ruin it.

If anything I think there will be more cross-over between WWM and EG stylewise. In the past DS would design for both and push things that were outside the WWM archives to EG, but with MN at the helm now his trad sensibilities will certainly align with the trad elements in EG if he chooses to explore that side of WWM's history.

12. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

need hooded poncho in my life.

sart inclined and wwd wrote about the direction mark mcnairy wants to take wwm in: http://www.valetmag.com/the-edit/cur...ndex1_top_lead

"It's not going to be red-and-black buffalo check — that I can tell you," McNairy told WWD. "I think I'll end up adding a military aspect and some Ivy League."

13. wiru

wiru Senior member

Some images (lookbook shots?) at slamxhype.

[​IMG]

14. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

15. robin

robin Senior member