• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich FW08 is up

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Just got a response from Emily at Jake's. They had the blue plaid shirt above, but sold out. They do have the black with yellow/white stripes version in a large. $230 (w/o the applied discount).

Large:
shoulders, measured across back: 17.
chest, measured at underarm: 21.5.
sleeve, measured from shoulder: 27.
length, measured from neck to bottom hem: 29.
natural waist, measured straight across: 22.

I just received this shirt in medium from Jake...unfortunately, it's too big for me. I didn't measure it, but I have a hard time believing those above measurements, notably the shoulders. the medium is pretty large in all respects...its shoulders are much wider than a medium BoO shirt or SA small, both of which have shoulder measurements that are at least 17" iirc. anyways, if ppl are lookin for that medium, itll be back at jake in about a week.

plooftin

Reaction score
Does anyone know what stores are stocking the classic cardigan?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that upland jacket is awesome. $668 is steep for me but I am sure the piece itself will last for years.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plooftin
Does anyone know what stores are stocking the classic cardigan?
I don't think they've shipped out to stores yet. Can anyone confirm?

Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Wow, that upland jacket is awesome. $668 is steep for me but I am sure the piece itself will last for years.
It is pretty nice, and it's about as authentic as you can get for a shooting jacket. If you knew what you were doing you could easily install some recoil pads and use it out in the field.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea. I dont doubt it at all. Too bad I have never shot a gun in my entire life.

Does anyone own the upland jacket by the way? How is it in terms of warmth?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone own the upland jacket by the way? How is it in terms of warmth?
I have it in the charcoal herringbone. It doesn't have any extra lining besides the cotton and the wool/tweed fabric is the same used in last year's Engineered Garments Norfolk jackets. It should be alright around freezing temps with a sweater.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you kind sir.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I made a trip to barneys day and got to try on the upland jacket along with some EG stuff. The fit was amazing. I just wish I could afford to drop $668 on a jacket.

young7777

Reaction score
Well I made a trip to barneys day and got to try on the upland jacket along with some EG stuff. The fit was amazing. I just wish I could afford to drop $668 on a jacket.

Rolo (market) in san francisco has it for $588.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Packaging for Woolrich Woolen Mills: http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2008/...ch-woolen.html I'm not sure why the U.S. stores do not seem to get those, they would be a nice touch to add. I remember seeing pictures of Japanese stores with nice Woolrich labeled shirt boxes from last year.
woolrichowens.jpg
woolrichowens1.jpg
wwmss09.jpg
Edit: Some of them seem to be made up for SS09.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Packaging for Woolrich Woolen Mills: http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2008/...ch-woolen.html

I'm not sure why the U.S. stores do not seem to get those, they would be a nice touch to add. I remember seeing pictures of Japanese stores with nice Woolrich labeled shirt boxes from last year.

Perhaps they're just promo items?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bathtime
Perhaps they're just promo items?
Could be. I didn't really bother to translate that firm's website.

Mvk190

Reaction score
Jesus this stuff looks great, can't wait till next week, when I get my paycheck, I have to get my hands the maroon pea coat
bounce2.gif

Nice forum btw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics