1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich FW08 is up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Jul 3, 2008.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

They seemed true to size based off measurements I've seen. Why don't you call them and ask?

i did get measurements from shopjake actually, but i'd rather get an opinion from someone who owns a shirt or has tried it on...according to jake's measurements, the large is 17" in the shoulder, which seems really small for a large. and i'm pretty wary about buying a large, since i typically wear size smalls, with the exception of BoO.

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

From this month's Best Life: [​IMG] Field shirt jacket, $440, Bergdorf's and Fred Segal.

3. Casual

Casual Senior member

From this month's Best Life:

[​IMG]

Field shirt jacket, $440, Bergdorf's and Fred Segal.

My favorite piece from this season. Thanks for posting it. I'm off to Bergdorf tomorrow.

4. robin

robin Senior member

Has anyone spotted the black maine guide jackets anywhere besides context? I wasted a bunch of time calling around to the few places I could today with no luck.

5. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

For anyone that was asking about sizing for the Cruiser Shirts, I picked up the blue one from shopjake back a few weeks ago when they were still up on the site, and I got a medium, which is what I get for mainstream brands ala. j.crew, and also for engineered garments. I would say get your engineered garments size if you own or have tried on any EG pieces, as the fit is very similar to their workshirts, which isn't suprising considering its the same designer (mr.Suzuki) They even use the exact same big plastic buttons. With my size-medium cruiser shirt, I can wear it comfortably over a t-shirt, a it has a pretty nice, casual fit, and the body is actually a nice, slightly slim fit, considering it has neither darts nor box pleats on the back. Sleeves are a bit long, and it has a nice, thick material that is to me reminiscent of chambray. Again, mine was the bluish grey colorpath, so I don't know if it is the same material for the patterned ones. Hope this information was of some use; and overall I can say that it is a very nice shirt (as I am wearing it now) that does not stray too far from the EG mold.

6. API

API Well-Known Member

Has anyone spotted the black maine guide jackets anywhere besides context? I wasted a bunch of time calling around to the few places I could today with no luck.

yes please let us know if that maine guide jacket in black wool is found anywhere else. ive seen it on japanese site in canvas, but not been able to find wool. i had meant to get a size L. good lesson learned i guess, dont wait to think about it, just do it.....

7. plooftin

plooftin Well-Known Member

My favorite piece from this season. Thanks for posting it. I'm off to Bergdorf tomorrow.

Did you end up picking this up? I called Bergdorfs and everyone I spoke with was breathtakingly rude, as per usual, and I got nowhere.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

BG is terrible.

9. Casual

Casual Senior member

Did you end up picking this up? I called Bergdorfs and everyone I spoke with was breathtakingly rude, as per usual, and I got nowhere.
    Didn't make it past Takashimaya.

BG is terrible.
    Agreed.

10. plooftin

plooftin Well-Known Member

BG is terrible.

Do either of you have experience ordering from Fred Segal? Worth giving a shot? It really is a beautiful piece...

11. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

i've done a phone order from fred segal. no complaints at all.

12. robin

robin Senior member

The Hunter and Stream Jackets look nice in the herringbone wool.

The wing collar shirts would be perfect for a Canadian tuxedo.

13. robin

robin Senior member

Context also has a few more things up, including some hats.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

The Hunter and Stream Jackets look nice in the herringbone wool.
    You got that right: [​IMG] [​IMG] Wish I didn't pass on this when it was up on Jake's site, IIRC: [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ashenwreck

ashenwreck Senior member

That Cruiser shirt was at Context, I know. But I don't recall seeing it on Jake's website. Nonetheless, I wanted it, as well. :-/

16. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Just got a response from Emily at Jake's. They had the blue plaid shirt above, but sold out. They do have the black with yellow/white stripes version in a large. $230 (w/o the applied discount).

Large:
    shoulders, measured across back: 17.
    chest, measured at underarm: 21.5.
    sleeve, measured from shoulder: 27.
    length, measured from neck to bottom hem: 29.
    natural waist, measured straight across: 22.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

More info from Emily at Jake: We have these two pieces in stock: WMCPS 0117 WH01\tUpland Jkt\tCharcoal\t$685 WMCPS 0120 WF02\tPeacoat\tDkNavy\t$735 And are expecting the following this month: WMCPS 0121 RP01\tField Jacket\tRed\t\t$650 WMCAM 0060 FS01\tClassic Shirt\tBlkRed\t\t$215 WMACC 0058 HT01\tClassic Tie\tGreen\t\t$120 WMACC 0063 SP01\tHunter's Bag\tBlkRed\t\t$440

18. robin

robin Senior member

19. Casual

Casual Senior member