1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich FW08 is up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Jul 3, 2008.

1. bathtime

bathtime Senior member

I think this covers the outerwear and some of the shirts that Context will stock (may have missed something). Pics will be on the site later this week for phone orders.

Upland Shirt (red check)

Upland Jacket (charcoal)

Maine Guide Jacket (dark navy)

Hunting Jacket (red tartan)

Field Coat (red)

Fishing Smock (charcoal wool)

The classic shirt is on order.

Didn't order the raglan shirt.

2. robin

robin Senior member

Is it possible to have too many coats? Something in red sounds tempting.

And has anyone seen the smock in person?

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I have not seen the smock, but I have seen the following (I'm pretty sure that these lists are missing a couple items each): August (Oakland, CA) - Maine Guide Jacket in brown corduroy - Pea Jacket in Black - Upland shirt - Shooting shirt MAC (SF, CA) - Maine Guide Jacket in dark navy - Raglan Shirt in grey chambray - Cruiser Shirt - Rail Road Vest in red check - Fishing Jacket (very similar to the EG Fishing Jacket w/o the pouch) - Upland Jacket in red check - Fishing shirt Jacket (very similar to the EG Fishing Jacket, but with waist pockets) - Ranger Pant in khaki BTW LA Guy, nice pickup on the Maine Guide Jacket. I bought one too and it's definitely a keeper. In addition to LA Guy's comments the jacket has snaps on the sides underneath the arm to tighten the body achieving a slimmer silhouette and 4 interior pockets, the bottom two of which have buttoned flaps. The sleeves also have two buttons for desired opening widths.

4. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

5. robin

robin Senior member

Another picture of the fishing smock.

[​IMG]

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Ah, now I know where I will be getting my Ranger jacket. Apartment No. 9 now has 2 locations in LA, one in Beverly Hills. They are the offshoots of the store in Chicago. Not a bad store - the buys are solid, but not inspired. Great if you are looking for something to wear to your great aunt's 80th birthday.
    Yikes, that's a vote of confidence. I came up with zero on Confederacy.

I'll get a full run down from Chad when I see him in a few weeks about s/s.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yikes, that's a vote of confidence. I came up with zero on Confederacy.

I'll get a full run down from Chad when I see him in a few weeks about s/s.

Well, like I said, nice, but hardly inspiring. If I wanted something that my mom would say "Now you look all nice and cleaned up", I could pair pretty much anything there, and I'd be set. I'm just not a particularly cleaned up type of guy, is all.

8. robin

robin Senior member

If anyone's tried on the wool upland jacket, can you comment on the fit?

9. LA Guy

If anyone's tried on the wool upland jacket, can you comment on the fit?

It fits not unlike the wool Engineered Garments Bedford jacket from FW08, but maybe slightly slimmer in the shoulders, and with a lower collar. Having tried on all of the outerwear pieces in the collection, I would say that the Maine Guide jacket and the trench are probably going to be the most universally flattering pieces.

10. robin

robin Senior member

It fits not unlike the wool Engineered Garments Bedford jacket from FW08, but maybe slightly slimmer in the shoulders, and with a lower collar. Having tried on all of the outerwear pieces in the collection, I would say that the Maine Guide jacket and the trench are probably going to be the most universally flattering pieces.
    Thanks fok, I was actually mostly curious on the shoulders. And what is the trench that you mentioned? I don't think I've seen anything for that yet.

11. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

I bought one of the blue Cruiser Shirts from shopjake, really nice piece, has the exact same buttons as my EG workshirts. Pretty stoked to have gotten it with their 20% too, but its weird, I am now checking the site to look at the other pieces and they have taken the whole section down.
    http://www.shopjake.com/index.php?pa...woolen%20mills

12. robin

robin Senior member

I bought one of the blue Cruiser Shirts from shopjake, really nice piece, has the exact same buttons as my EG workshirts. Pretty stoked to have gotten it with their 20% too, but its weird, I am now checking the site to look at the other pieces and they have taken the whole section down.
    http://www.shopjake.com/index.php?pa...woolen%20mills

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe they weren't allowed to be selling them online either? They could have just sold out of everything too. I know I've got a peacoat coming today. [​IMG]

I would have expected better buttons on their shirts though, not plastic ones...

13. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

what color peacoat did you get?

14. robin

robin Senior member

what color peacoat did you get?
    Navy, though Lysol said that it's almost black in color. It's pretty dark in the picture of it too:

[​IMG]

15. LA Guy

Navy, though Lysol said that it's almost black in color. It's pretty dark in the picture of it too:

[​IMG]

It looks black unless put up against brown or true black, at which point, you can see the blue clearly.

16. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

[​IMG]

cool, looks good. Thanks for the pic too I never got to see it online on shopjake.com.

Does anyone know if they had the Upland jacket in that maroon/dark reddish color on the woolen mills website? Thanks.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

18. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

19. Casual

Casual Senior member

Steven Alan in Tribeca has a few coats in right now. Nice stuff, but I left there empty-handed.

20. dusty

dusty Senior member

Casual - which coats?