Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Woolrich FW08 is up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Souper

Souper Senior member

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

The most expensive item from last year was, I believe, the chester down coat. It was a wool herringbone coat, hooded, 3/4 length (roughly), and down-filled. Somebody from this board checked it out at BG and said it was retailing for $750. That's only slightly more than what EG would be charging for such an item. EDIT: Furthermore, two very similar jackets from EG and Woolrich (except the Woolrich is lined), from the same retailer, only 20 GBP of price difference at retail: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Woolen...Navy-2736.html http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Engine...plin-2910.html

3. Souper

Souper Senior member

That isn't so bad. I remember going to BG and checking the stuff out. They had some cool plaid bags last year that I slept on. I remember thinking back then that the price point was about 800 on the pieces worth buying and I suppose I assumed similar pricing for the rest of the line. It is still more expensive than EG. The styling is not as strong, and there's too much plaid. I wonder if there will be anything wearable from an accessible stockist. We'll see[/i]

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Did you happen to try anything on? I'm curious about the fit -- looks pretty good from Schuman's photos.

There's a jacket I really want (the first one from Robin's link), but Context isn't getting it and it's hell getting useful information out of BG when you're hundreds of miles away.

5. Souper

Souper Senior member

I think I tried on a duffel coat. or something very similar. I don't remember. It fit big, but it was supposed to. The wool parka does look interesting. I will be heading to BG to check it out this fall if the EG wool parka disappoints. I don't know if it would be $800-1k well spent, though... Maybe if it's epic.

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Some of the jackets look interesting. Any idea where to get this stuff online?

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

Context, Oi Polloi if you want to pay a big markup.

8. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Eh, not bad but definitely not great. The multitude of zip pockets on the 'pea jacket' bother me immensely.

9. henkesven

henkesven New Member

Eh, not bad but definitely not great. The multitude of zip pockets on the 'pea jacket' bother me immensely.

I don't think it's zip pockets. Probably are the pockets lined with leather. It's the same thing with the cuffs. Anyone who picked up the pea coat from earlier collections and can tell me something about the sizing?

10. robin

robin Senior member

I don't think it's zip pockets. Probably are the pockets lined with leather. It's the same thing with the cuffs. Anyone who picked up the pea coat from earlier collections and can tell me something about the sizing?
    I'd bet that they used a similar pattern to the pea jacket in the Engineered Garments line. If so, it's probably true to size, but short. Not slim at all though.

11. Souper

Souper Senior member

saw bergdorf's fall buy. sucks.

Sales rack has some awesome khaki colored parka for south of 200. (Retail 450+?) almost impulse bought, didn't like ginormous hood flap things that extend over my shoulders.

12. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

I just saw their spring 09 shit and it looks pretty dope, I don't know about the fall too much....

www.hyrcollective.com

13. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

I like the look of the peacoat + the cruiser shirts, the raglan shirt is also okish.

Don't think I would cop though if the price point is 2x EG

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I like the vests, cardigan and ties alot. Some nice shirts aswell.

15. robin

robin Senior member

It's look likes there are going to be quite a few stateside stockists from now on. For F/W08:

[​IMG]