1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich FW08 is up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Some of the jackets look interesting. Any idea where to get this stuff online?

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

Context, Oi Polloi if you want to pay a big markup.

3. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Eh, not bad but definitely not great. The multitude of zip pockets on the 'pea jacket' bother me immensely.

4. henkesven

henkesven New Member

Eh, not bad but definitely not great. The multitude of zip pockets on the 'pea jacket' bother me immensely.

I don't think it's zip pockets. Probably are the pockets lined with leather. It's the same thing with the cuffs. Anyone who picked up the pea coat from earlier collections and can tell me something about the sizing?

5. robin

robin Senior member

I don't think it's zip pockets. Probably are the pockets lined with leather. It's the same thing with the cuffs. Anyone who picked up the pea coat from earlier collections and can tell me something about the sizing?
    I'd bet that they used a similar pattern to the pea jacket in the Engineered Garments line. If so, it's probably true to size, but short. Not slim at all though.

6. Souper

Souper Senior member

saw bergdorf's fall buy. sucks.

Sales rack has some awesome khaki colored parka for south of 200. (Retail 450+?) almost impulse bought, didn't like ginormous hood flap things that extend over my shoulders.

7. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

I just saw their spring 09 shit and it looks pretty dope, I don't know about the fall too much....

www.hyrcollective.com

8. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

I like the look of the peacoat + the cruiser shirts, the raglan shirt is also okish.

Don't think I would cop though if the price point is 2x EG

9. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I like the vests, cardigan and ties alot. Some nice shirts aswell.

10. robin

robin Senior member

It's look likes there are going to be quite a few stateside stockists from now on. For F/W08:

[​IMG]

11. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

ooo rolo. brb gonna check this shiz out.

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

Does Woolrich have a women's line? The stockist in my area is apparently a women's boutique but I don't see any female clothing on Woolrich's website.

13. robin

robin Senior member

^ No idea. They do make women's clothing, but I'm pretty sure it's not related to the Woolen Mills collection.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I visited Sam and Ryan at Context on my road trip earlier this week, and apart from the nice tuna melt that Sam bought me (thanks Sam,) I also picked up (well, it is being sent now) a great dark navy shawl collar jacket with dual flapped hip pockets and dual patch chest pockets with an additional "pencil" pocket.

The medium is perfect for me, slim with narrower armholes, and reasonably slim in the body without compromising the workwear look. The material is a heavier wool that will and the construction and finishing is somewhat better than analogous Engineered Garments pieces. I knew when I tried it on that this would be my outerwear purchase for FW08. It was ridiculously hot in the midwest, but I felt like wearing it right out of the store. Luckily, my aversion to heatstroke won out.

On a tangential note, the guys at Context are great. I got to meet Sam and his family, and Ryan as well. We didn't have a chance to discuss the ApolisxStyleforumxContext collaboration, because someone forgot the fabric swatch at home (um, Ryan), but the store is great, and these guys definitely love what they are doing. They already have a lot of Woolrich in, and the buy is really solid. You should phone them to get a gander.

I also had a chance to meet the crew at Hejfina - hopefully Chris will show me his line and I can show you guys, and Karissa, who just had a huge sale, and is expecting lots of new stuff in soon. I'll write about my trip in another thread.

15. robin

robin Senior member

They need to get that stuff up online... my credit card is getting cold here.

16. LA Guy

They need to get that stuff up online... my credit card is getting cold here.

I think that they are going to shoot it, but because of contracts, they cannot click to sell - so it will be phone orders only. I have tons of Engineered Garments stuff, and I thought "what can Woolrich bring for $100+ more?" Well, I don't know about all the pieces, but this one blew my mind.

17. robin

robin Senior member

I think that they are going to shoot it, but because of contracts, they cannot click to sell
    Woolrich is calling the shots on who can sell online?

18. LA Guy

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Woolen...lack-3402.html

This is actually dark, dark blue. Looks black except when you show it against true black or pair it with brown. Wow, oipolloi is sold out already. The jacket feels much slimmer in person. The picture (No. 7 on the woolrich site) looks better, imo.

Also, the collar looks better standing up (and for a dude with a shaved head, like me, will provide better protection from the wind as well.) You probably need a large.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

Secret Service will be adding Woolrich to their stock for s/s 09 and I've heard nothing but great things. Chad seemed really stoked.

Funny, I've never heard of Apt No 9 or Confederacy in LA. Guess I'll have to check them out in a few weeks.

20. LA Guy

Secret Service will be adding Woolrich to their stock for s/s 09 and I've heard nothing but great things. Chad seemed really stoked.

Funny, I've never heard of Apt No 9 or Confederacy in LA. Guess I'll have to check them out in a few weeks.

Ah, now I know where I will be getting my Ranger jacket. Apartment No. 9 now has 2 locations in LA, one in Beverly Hills. They are the offshoots of the store in Chicago. Not a bad store - the buys are solid, but not inspired. Great if you are looking for something to wear to your great aunt's 80th birthday.