• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool Sofa Blanket: Alpaca, Chennile, Scottish wool, Merino, Virgin, Mohair, etc?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent call. You will have it forever.

lefty

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a 100% cashmere one from *gulp* Restoration Hardware. it is awesome.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was $350 I think, I bought it like a year ago. Not thin at all, oz in the 20's maybe.

Wait, just scroll down on the link you posted, there is it right there for $299 for 555grams (20 oz).

Last edited:

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marsupialed OP surfing the internet and deciding based on specs rather than feel ends up with a cardboard blanket he spent $300 for. :foo:

The RH Cheniles are excellent. If you actually went and felt one you'd realize they're worth the asking price. Even better when they go on sale for half off every year. Have three, always get compliments, everybody wants one.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got it. This blanket is certainly not a soft blanket.
It's more an industrial strength type of army/navy blanket.
Not the "movie blanket" that I was expecting.
I'm sure it's warm, but I'll need to line it.
Line it? It will break in but if you don't like it you're better off getting another blanket.

lefty

Last edited:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The RH Cheniles are excellent. If you actually went and felt one you'd realize they're worth the asking price. Even better when they go on sale for half off every year. Have three, always get compliments, everybody wants one.

LOL, you can also get acrylic blends for $40.
Heck, you can get 100% acrylic for $5.
They're soft as hell, and everyone wants them also.

I'm playing in a different league.

Last edited:

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, you can also get acrylic blends for $40.
Heck, you can get 100% acrylic for $5.
They're soft as hell, and everyone wants them also.

I'm playing in a different league.

Likewise, you can buy 100% cotton shirts for between $0.50 (maybe less) and over a thousand dollars. Have fun lining your burlap blanket.

Last edited:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're still looking, check out Gucci throws on eBay for less than $200.

I bought a couple of these last year when they were blown out by an online retailer for $75 and they're legit. At that price, might as well go label whore.

10% cashmere 70% wool 20% nylon

x26

Reaction score

Originally Posted by jenlain
I have a Johnstons of Elgin that I purchased at sierratradingpost. Looks like they still have several varieties (wool and cashmere blend). Classic looks and very warm.

No way I can justify spending $800 for a cashmere blanket

Are those $100-$200 wool blankets soft enough to be comfortable?
Hi; Just to let you know I have purchased several 100% Cotton-Egyptian I believe from JC Penney..Wev'e been very happy with. Ussually on sale. Very soft and luxurious for the price. Inexpensive... http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...&cmAMS_Z=XGN3TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=82319|82328 http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...&cmAMS_Z=XGN3TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=82319|82328 Good Luck!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads