• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wool, silk linen odd jacket - what trousers?

notdos

Reaction score
You’ll probably get varying opinions, but I wouldn’t wear this as an odd jacket. I typically only wear patch pocket jackets with trousers or denim. If I were to wear it with trousers, it would probably be navy, definitely not black, but that’s just personal preference, as I don’t care for black.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with @notdos. Despite the texture of the fabric, it still comes off to me as an orphaned suit jacket, not an odd jacket. I also agree that I wouldn't wear it with black trousers under any circumstances. If I had to try wearing it as an odd jacket, maybe off-white/cream or brown (dark or light/tan but has to have enough contrast with the jacket).

bicycleradical

Reaction score
@notdos and @breakaway01 are right imo. This outfit is a suit. Wearing the jacket as an odd jacket will not look right. Odd jackets in grey are difficult to pair with other pieces because your staple color for trousers to wear with odd jackets is grey.

If you want to wear an odd jacket, this is not the choice.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Flap pockets, ticket pockets, gray. I'm not going to say it's impossible to wear as an odd jacket, but it's not going to be easy, and black probably isn't a good combo. I'd definitely keep it as a suit.

maxalex

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with flap pockets on a sport coat, and there's enough texture in that fabric to make it work. But I would wear a contrasting (light) pair of trousers, not black.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.