1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wool Pants Wearing Out Between Legs

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mister F, Mar 24, 2012.

1. guymac12

guymac12 Senior member

It would be great to have extra pants with every custom suit you have so it wouldn't wear out easily.

2. Mister F

Mister F Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

3. thisisntbic

thisisntbic Member

Actual Translation: He does squats and deadlifts, and has a proper gym routine. He is not a "bro" at the gym, and does more than just chest and Bi's.

I'm sorry you are intimidated by guys who are not afraid to do a proper leg workout.

For the OP, I have the exact same problem and it is much easier to go the route of getting more pants made for the suit. I also found bespoke/MTM is the way to go for trousers and or jeans. It's annoying having to buy a pair of pants 2-3 sizes larger and having the waist taken in just so you can fit your legs into them.

4. Off My Rack

Off My Rack Senior member

Or he was born into a family cursed with large thighs and butts, and doesn't care to spend his time doing exercise that specifically eliminates that, but instead is into running and cycling, which can magnify the issue.

I'm not speaking from experience at all, of course...

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So then the OP is a black chick in a mans suit

6. thisisntbic

thisisntbic Member

I actually laughed out loud at this.

7. Mister F

Mister F Active Member

Haha... I like the direction this thread turned.

I love squatting, but my favorite lift is definitely the deadlift. I'm a huge deadlift guy.

That being said, I do naturally store more fat in my butt and thighs. I'm hovering around 10% body fat these days and the majority of that has to be in my upper legs. In some ways it's good, though. I have abs at a much higher body fat than most people since I don't store the fat in my stomach.

8. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Senior member

You do not need to apologize, my friend. In truth, it is a fear I have harbored for decades. I don't always get intimidated, but when I do, it's at the sight of a pair of properly worked-out legs.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012