• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wool Pant Question

jjgold

Reaction score
Bought some killer wool pants from STP. I was curious what is the best way to keep them "uncharged" ? Meaning they attract everything.
I don't want to roll them as in my opinion it just puts a light sticky film on the material and makes it worse.

Thanks

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A small misting bottle with filtered or distilled water. Sparingly mist the pants and follow with a one-way clothing lint brush. Then let them hang. They'll dry in minutes and be lint-free.
Your home is probably very low in humidity. Having a humidifier in the home will end this problem. This is particular to winter. In summer you won't need a humidifier unless you live in a desert climate. You should be removing dust from your home at least once per week too.
Also, when showering, use an exfoliator pad. Dead skin flakes comprise a great percentage of dust.

Last edited:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As long as they attract women and money, I wouldn't mess w/ them.

jjgold

Reaction score
Man of Lint...thanks very helpful. I am actually in a rental as I am building and have NO IDEA if there is a humidifier in this dump.

tom10167

Reaction score

A small misting bottle with filtered or distilled water. Sparingly mist the pants and follow with a one-way clothing lint brush. Then let them hang. They'll dry in minutes and be lint-free.
Your home is probably very low in humidity. Having a humidifier in the home will end this problem. This is particular to winter. In summer you won't need a humidifier unless you live in a desert climate. You should be removing dust from your home at least once per week too.
Also, when showering, use an exfoliator pad. Dead skin flakes comprise a great percentage of dust.

You really live up to your name, nice post!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 49 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 105 34.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 91 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%