• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woodlore shoe trees from Grapevinehill are 14.50

billiebob

Reaction score
In case you're looking for shoe trees, seller Grapevinehill on eBay has Woodlore cedar full heel made in USA for 14.50 each. He seems to have several sizes.

These are good trees, but not as good as some of the ajustable double-barrel trees available from other sources.

The Bexley's look to be better (bexley.com; thanks aportnoy), but 8 pairs shipped would have run me $212 and the Woodlores were only $120 shipped.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you buy something else from them, they're $12.95. And then there's free shipping on an order over $75 from their website, and I think a 15% coupon floating around here too for their eBay auctions. (Search for it.)

I picked up a couple when I bought a pair of Polo flip-flops from their website. (They're black leather with black and white grosgrain over the strap and a leather sole. Not bad for $30!) I still prefer the blond-wood German style trees with the flexing spring and a ball on the heel end, but the GVH ones definitely smell better.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can do a little better here.

I think the ones to get have the (a) split vamp/toe piece and (b) full heel piece (rather than the thin piece seen on some)--like those in the listing. The only small disadvantage that I see to these (Woodlore, Rochester, Allen-Edmonds) is that the vamp is lower than that found on shoes, so that you get pressure to the sides, but not to the top of the shoe. However, in my opinion, these shoe trees are completely adequate.

CoryB

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ALLEN-EDMOND...ayphotohosting

These look even better. They are also from Grapevinehill so you would get the benefit of the 15% off coupon as well as free shipping if you ordered several. I think they look much better and appear as though they would fill the shoe much better.

mtf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by discostu004
i wonder where they get so many shoes. it's like there are hundreds of thousands of shoes by polo that never sold? they have 16,000 auctions running. jeez

jealous?
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads