• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Woodhouse of London suit

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought they were cloth producers only, but the gentleman I am dealing with took a picture of the tag inside and sure enough...

Can anyone vouch for the quality of their suits?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May still just be a fabric label, no?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
May still just be a fabric label, no?

haha I didn't even consider that

From what i understand the fabric is pretty quality. He's asking $50 for the suit in my size so the price is right...

jnm23q

Reaction score
Woodhouse was a respected clothing shop in London a few years back. They seemed to disappear around 2008 but are still online.
They focused quite a lot of "barryboy" casual labels; Armani Jeans, Stone Island, DG that kind of thing. If you look at their site now it's much the same.

As I recall their suits were priced around the £300 mark so similar to Austin Reed and Cecil Gee at the time price wise. I'm not sure who made their suits, but I have a couple of their shirts and jumpers and they were good quality. It's probably a decent but not great suit.

Oleg

Reaction score
One of the most fashionable shops in late 80s London. Stocked a lot of labels - Armani, CP, Stone Island- that went on to be a bit footie casual but certainly weren't at the time. Also did their own suits. Remember buying a sea island cotton button down by Armani in their sale as 17 year old and being the smuggest wee bugger in town for weeks afterwards. That shirt, battered 501s, Doc Marten brogues, Burlington argyle socks, too much dax in my barnet and a copy of Arena in my backpack and I was good to go.
Carried on into the 2000s but had lost its magic a fair while earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 80 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 153 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.5%