1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

wood chopping

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by globetrotter, Sep 17, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

there is an exersize, done with a barbell with weights on one side only, used to strengthen the core, called, I believe, wood chopping, or something similar. I am having a little trouble with it, and would like to see an illestration - anybody have a link to a demo of this excersize?

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

3. globetrotter

thanks - with a barbell you stand in a stance with one foot foreward - I was trying to remember if the foot foreward was the one closest to the barebell or farethest, if that makes sense and anybody knows.

4. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

are you doing the one where you put one end of the barbell into the corner and put a bunch of weight on the other side? then, you grab the weighted end and swing it overhead?

if so, it's called many things, like a reverse barbell woodchopper, corner barbell twist, "the cornerstone", etc...

here's pavel's version which, i think, is standard.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mm6.htm

or, you can do john davie's version (he's a respected strength trainer). what he does is when you do the twist, you take a big explosive step so that your outer foot becomes parallel to your inner foot in respect to the corner. in other words, your shoulders become perpendicular to the barbell.

5. globetrotter

thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for - I was having trouble with the foot placement.