1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Won these on Ebay - Are the C&J?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rajesh06, May 22, 2006.

1. Flip

Flip Member

GVH does stock pictures, so who know's what they've actually got. Plus, they're selling something like 3 trillion shoes a week on discount. I find it much more reasonable to believe that GVH made a mistake (either in identifying the shoes origin, or in identifying the shoes themself) rather than that there is some new, mysterious, manufacturer making Polo shoes with the same model name as a shoe known to be made in Italy.

Boy I couldn't agree more with everything you said above NoVaguy.

Thinman, NoVaguy and billiebob,

Thanks a ton for the responses. It's a big help since I'm receiving such mixed information from GVH on different shoes but I mean it in a good frustrated way. They are a great company and I've purchased a few shoes from them in the past.

This started with me asking about one pair of Polo shoes that they said were made in China and then with a completely different pair they said it wasn't cordovan but when I pressed them they finally checked and said they were. Now finally this Carlson issue because I'm definitely referring to the ones on the Polo site that say made in Italy.

It's really frustrating when they imply they've checked the Carlsons and say they're made in England. Puts me in a position of calling them a liar and I've thought about just returning them but seems crazy to pay shipping both ways when I know it is going to be "made in Italy".

Please trust me I'm not trying to make any issue with them and really hate hassling you guys with the questions. I'm just really after the Polo's that are made by CJ because I've had such good luck with CJ fitting well.

I'm going to take one more run at them to make sure they've checked on the shoes.

Thanks again for the help.

2. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Straight from GVH:
    I seriously don't know where they're getting this "Made in England" thing from...but it's definitely not mislabeled C&J Darlton or anything.

3. Eskie

Eskie Member

I bought a pair in black from GVH, and they are made in Italy. If you go to the polo site, they even identify the Carlson as italian made.

4. dare-

dare- Senior member

I just got my shoes. They're gorgeous. [​IMG]