• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Won these on Ebay - Are the C&J?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are C&J

FYI, they run quite long... and are stocked in the Rhinelander mansion if you are interested. Think 337 long and narrow, though the last is a bit different. I believe its a bit slimmer through the quarters.

nct

raley

Reaction score
WHAT?! I wanted these... in size 11.5... they went for 335$!!!!

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same ones for $200 earlier this year, I love them. The sizing ran true for me.

rajesh06

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to win the auction - My bid went in about 5 hours before auction end for $201. I was shocked to check my email this evening to see that I had won them for $168.

I bought a pair of C&Js (from the store at T&A in NYC) at full retail of $475 earlier this year. Those were 9.5Es - hopefully these 10s fit me just right.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, congratulations. Those are old stock Polo by C&J handgrades. I got two pairs of those last year in the Rodeo Drive store for $180 each plus tax.

billiebob

Reaction score
So you would say that these "handgrade" CJ for Polo run narrow relative to a US "D" width?

dare-

Reaction score
i think they're c&j. look at the medallion. there is certainly nothing in that thread to suggest that they're made by sanders except the supposition of one person who has never tried them one.
Notice the similarity of the flaps on these bluchers
------------------------- Sanders and Sanders

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the Polo Chawner v. the C&J Weymouth. There are a lot of similarities. (I took multiple pictures to compensate for differences in the position of the shoes).

I'm still not sure if the insides are comparable, but I do think these Polo was made by C&J. The toe profile and the sweep of the vamp appear to have slight differences, but I'm not sure if that's a manufacturing or last difference. I'll need a third shoe to check that.

btw - dare - the issue, iirc, has never been whether the stitched aloft shoes (such as the Darlton/Marlowe) made in England shoes were C&J. Everybody agrees with that. the issue and question was whether the newer, channelled lines were C&J, and were handgrades on the 337.

dare-

Reaction score
no, the carlsons are some italian made shoe.
---
novaguy, but what about the suede derby with channeled soles above? the same medallion seems pretty suggestive me that the channeled shoes are c&j.

anyway, still a good deal I think even if they aren't.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%