1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Won these on Ebay - Are the C&J?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rajesh06, May 22, 2006.

1. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

2. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

I believe they are C&J

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

They are C&J

FYI, they run quite long... and are stocked in the Rhinelander mansion if you are interested. Think 337 long and narrow, though the last is a bit different. I believe its a bit slimmer through the quarters.

nct

4. raley

raley Senior member

WHAT?! I wanted these... in size 11.5... they went for 335$!!!!

5. visionology

visionology Senior member

I got the same ones for $200 earlier this year, I love them. The sizing ran true for me.

6. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

I was pretty shocked to win the auction - My bid went in about 5 hours before auction end for $201. I was shocked to check my email this evening to see that I had won them for $168.

I bought a pair of C&Js (from the store at T&A in NYC) at full retail of $475 earlier this year. Those were 9.5Es - hopefully these 10s fit me just right.

7. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Yeah, congratulations. Those are old stock Polo by C&J handgrades. I got two pairs of those last year in the Rodeo Drive store for $180 each plus tax.

8. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Very nice, indeed. Well done.

9. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

So you would say that these "handgrade" CJ for Polo run narrow relative to a US "D" width?

10. arced

arced Senior member

11. dare-

dare- Senior member

i think they're c&j. look at the medallion. there is certainly nothing in that thread to suggest that they're made by sanders except the supposition of one person who has never tried them one. [​IMG] [​IMG] Notice the similarity of the flaps on these bluchers [​IMG] [​IMG] ------------------------- Sanders and Sanders [​IMG]

12. pdavie0

pdavie0 Active Member

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Here are some pictures of the Polo Chawner v. the C&J Weymouth. There are a lot of similarities. (I took multiple pictures to compensate for differences in the position of the shoes).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm still not sure if the insides are comparable, but I do think these Polo was made by C&J. The toe profile and the sweep of the vamp appear to have slight differences, but I'm not sure if that's a manufacturing or last difference. I'll need a third shoe to check that.

btw - dare - the issue, iirc, has never been whether the stitched aloft shoes (such as the Darlton/Marlowe) made in England shoes were C&J. Everybody agrees with that. the issue and question was whether the newer, channelled lines were C&J, and were handgrades on the 337.

14. dare-

dare- Senior member

no, the carlsons are some italian made shoe.
    ---
    novaguy, but what about the suede derby with channeled soles above? the same medallion seems pretty suggestive me that the channeled shoes are c&j.

anyway, still a good deal I think even if they aren't.

15. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

16. pdavie0

pdavie0 Active Member

They are C&J

FYI, they run quite long... and are stocked in the Rhinelander mansion if you are interested. Think 337 long and narrow, though the last is a bit different. I believe its a bit slimmer through the quarters.

nct

Do u think I can fit into an 8 if I usually wear 8.5-9. The seller is out of 8.5[​IMG]

17. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

---
    novaguy, but what about the suede derby with channeled soles above? the same medallion seems pretty suggestive me that the channeled shoes are c&j.

anyway, still a good deal I think even if they aren't.

I think they're C&J. The medallion matches one of C&J's stock medallions and the channel soles appear to be near identical.

18. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes Virginia, they're C&J. The R&Jman knows.

19. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I got the same shoes from the same seller. Yes, they are C&J, just like RJman said.