• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's Watches

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my girlfriend a watch as a gift. She liked Michael Kors and Burberry rose gold watches in the store, but after doing a little bit of research, it looks like they are both manufactured by Fossil and might be grossly overpriced for their quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking to spend something in the ~$500 range.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought my girlfriend a "vintage" Edox automatic watch off Ebay. If it were a little bigger, I would have worn it since it looked a lot like this one:
5867550423_8456e257a9_z.jpg
Of course, this is not really a "ladies" watch in that it doesn't look like jewlery, but that's what she likes for everyday wear. It was cheap too, I think, for an automatic that runs well, only 55 USD. I looked for one I might wear, but only found them too small. Edox makes some nice looking mens and laides watches, though I don't know how well they are liked by watch lovers for their quality.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Movado and Ebel (both from same group) make very feminine looking watches. Same with Omega and Cartier. All their watches look very girly.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
michael-kors-watch-big-thumb.png
I got this Michael Kors for my girlfriend a few weeks ago. It's actually really cool and goes with most of her clothes. Plus, I got it for under $200.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best place to buy womens watches are the Fossil Outlets. Refurbished Burberry, Michael Kors, Armani,... all for less than $100.

Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
Just bought my girlfriend a "vintage" Edox automatic watch off Ebay. If it were a little bigger, I would have worn it since it looked a lot like this one:

5867550423_8456e257a9_z.jpg

Of course, this is not really a "ladies" watch in that it doesn't look like jewlery, but that's what she likes for everyday wear. It was cheap too, I think, for an automatic that runs well, only 55 USD. I looked for one I might wear, but only found them too small. Edox makes some nice looking mens and laides watches, though I don't know how well they are liked by watch lovers for their quality.

Good stuff.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, IME girls/women don't like mechanical/automatic watches. My GF, sister, mom, nieces,... all prefer quartz watches. They don't like the trouble of resetting a watch everyday. Most of the vintage watches I get the women in my life go unworn.
frown.gif

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
My girlfriend actually likes men's style watches (I think it's a new trend?). For example, she really likes my Hamilton Jazzmaster.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife loves Tag Huer watches for some reason, but for now she is content with Fossil. If she really doesn't care what she wears, which it sounds like she doesn't, I would just get her a Fossil. They have a lot of stuff that looks pretty decent.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiLLscaLLion
My girlfriend actually likes men's style watches (I think it's a new trend?). For example, she really likes my Hamilton Jazzmaster.

I don't think it's a trend. If a woman belongs to a specific age group from a certain sub-culture, if you will, the idea of wearing a gold jewelry watch below the age of 35 has never been popular in my experience.

deepitm

Reaction score
Bumping this for the holiday season. Anyone seen any cool watches for women lately?

johnnyling

Reaction score
I was in the same boat just a few months ago. My girlfriend wanted a watch but that's about all I knew and I'm not a big watch guy so I didn't know what brands to go with or look at. I found this site while I was looking around http://www.squidoo.com/best-womens-watches-for-the-money and it helped with giving me some different ideas and price ranges. I ended up going with the michael kors mk5415 model and she ate it up, loved it! like i said, i don't know watches very well but if you ask me I think michael kors is the way to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads