Women's style forum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nonk, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

My good lady has finally asked me what the hell I spend all my time doing on the net, so I have had to explain to her technologically challenged brain exactly what a forum is, and how this one gives me the advice I have been putting into practice for the last few months.

The next question was "Is there a women's one too?"

I thought a female equivalent had been mentioned on the forum somewhere, but I have searched to no avail. Can anyone recommend any women's style/fashion/clothes forums to keep Mrs Nonk happy?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The women's forums tend to be more fashion and much less detail oriented. I hesitate to make any generalizations based on this. The most popular one I've seen is www.thefashionspot.com - and the discussions there are not erudite, to be very generous.

3. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Don't even bother telling her about the fashionspot. I haven't found an equivalent to the Style Forum for women in English yet. It's fairly hopeless. Maybe a search in other languages, if your lady speaks a language other than English?

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

try to get her intersted in sites that don't encourage the spening of money, other wise you will be sorry [​IMG]

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Hopefully, she earns and spends her own money.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Do us a favor and don't find a women's SF equivalent in English, because then we won't be getting your input here any longer. [​IMG]

7. handler4me

handler4me Well-Known Member

www.luxuryfashion.com is probably one of the better women's forums out there. Though they dont always talk about high end stuff like SF does.

8. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Thanks for the responses, despite the warnings about the potential cost (good point.) I will pass on the information.

Unfortunately Mrs Nonk was born in Scotland, to mixed Welsh and English parentage and was raised in Northamptonshire, so her language ability is limited to a rough approximation of English only.