• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Womens shoe salesman searching for work shoes

Ghumbs

Reaction score
Just found these Vass and think they're stunning. In the off chance I do go that route, you guys know where to find these?
1z6fm83.png

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ghumbs
Thanks for the replies so far. Regarding the Vass, I was thinking about these and the seller told me if they were the wrong size, he'd refund me rather than the merch credit, so that's basically risk free.

And I'm chatting with my friend who works down there right now and she suggested these Santonis for comfort and because it's a rubber sole (we're in Seattle). I don't like the look as much but I'd assume the wear is better.

Those are the two I'm thinking about at the moment. Rubber soles a good/bad idea? Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for the comments so far!

Edit: I should also mention I have pretty flat feet. Don't know if that affects anything, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Ghumbs, are you at store 1? I used to be there. Knowing, myself, what its like there, I would suggest just using your discount and getting the rubber soled Santoni's, everyone in men's shoes wears them and they help for all of the running in the back that you do and for those awfully wet days coming for fall/winter in Seattle. Everyone likes the "Elliston" in men's shoes but I prefer the "Jensen," the one that your friend showed you. Especially since in women's, your shoes get trashed, don't go buy some nice Vass shoes that are going to end up just looking like crap after one sale. Being an ex shoe-dog myself, that would be my recommendation.

Ghumbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes
Ghumbs, are you at store 1? I used to be there. Knowing, myself, what its like there, I would suggest just using your discount and getting the rubber soled Santoni's, everyone in men's shoes wears them and they help for all of the running in the back that you do and for those awfully wet days coming for fall/winter in Seattle. Everyone likes the "Elliston" in men's shoes but I prefer the "Jensen," the one that your friend showed you. Especially since in women's, your shoes get trashed, don't go buy some nice Vass shoes that are going to end up just looking like crap after one sale. Being an ex shoe-dog myself, that would be my recommendation.

Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, I am at store 1 and just started selling a couple months ago. As much as I want to talk myself into a pair of Vass shoes, inside I know you're probably right. Also, as I look back at her recommendation, it actually was the Elliston she suggested, but I prefer the Jensen and would likely go with those. But yeah, thanks for the uncannily relevant advice. Oddly enough I came across your blog earlier today when looking for a place to try on shoes in Seattle. Thanks for the help!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ghumbs
Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, I am at store 1 and just started selling a couple months ago. As much as I want to talk myself into a pair of Vass shoes, inside I know you're probably right. Also, as I look back at her recommendation, it actually was the Elliston she suggested, but I prefer the Jensen and would likely go with those. But yeah, thanks for the uncannily relevant advice. Oddly enough I came across your blog earlier today when looking for a place to try on shoes in Seattle. Thanks for the help!
No worries, good luck at Nordstrom!! If you ever need good advice, you can reach me on my email through my blog or ask Rory down in men's shoes, he knows his stuff and gives great service. Oh, another good option for a future shoe purchase is to get Silvano Sassetti on Nordy 40 because $240 dollars for goodyear welted shoes is almost unheard of anytime else!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can nordstrom get you a pair of Ferragamo Tramezzas? If they can than that is the answer, assuming you can still use your discount to buy them.

Ghumbs

Reaction score
I ended up making a decision based upon some great advice from the ex-shoedog in this thread and going with a pair of rubber soled Santonis. Below is a pic. I plan on getting at least another pair of shoes, but I haven't found them yet. Thanks again to everyone for the help and advice.
dwoylh.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NIce. Rubber looks comfy. Unfortunately it only applies to dress shoes..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads