Women's fashion

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Tardek, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

I'm looking for a nice evening gown for my woman to wear. She's quite slim and she's 5'6''. What sort of designers do you guys think I should be looking at? I am clueless about women's fashion.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think Shipley and Halmos stuff for women is sexy as hell

3. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    This is a good question.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Pm me and I will hooked it up. I have an amazing selection of kickass dresses for the ladies.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Pm me and I will hooked it up. I have an amazing selection of kickass dresses for the ladies.

Mauro- the site is looking badass.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

How much do you want to spend first, women's dress can go from under 100 to 2, 3K (or 10K, but that's usually a bit ridiculous) for the typical designer stuff. You probably will find most stuff between 400 to 1.5K.

What's the dress for though, evening, all black? or very spring colorful feeling ones?

Edit: ok now I see it's evening gown, then I would say YSL (elegant), RLBL (elegant), Armani Colleizoni (simple and elegant), Donna Karan, Fendi and Robert Cavalli (can get quite fancy)... any of those will cost you about 2K with the exception of Robert Cavalli, which can go for probably 1K (YSL will enter the 3K to 4K range depends on what you get ).

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Lanvin, Balenciaga, Tao for CdG, Junya Watanabe, Haider Ackermann, whatever. Really depends on what look she's going for.

8. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

I've been looking at some Marc by Marc for my lady. Barneys has a good selection of dresses right now.

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    cocktail and evening are two different catagories.
    I have some really nice cocktail dresses as well as garden/tea party dresses.
    Best,
    Mauro

10. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

Mauro, is your shop linked in your signature? If so I can just do some browsing.

Thanks for the advice so far, people. I am also always on the lookout for cocktail dresses for her. I love to dress my girl.

11. Liam

Liam Senior member

12. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

How much do you want to spend first, women's dress can go from under 100 to 2, 3K (or 10K, but that's usually a bit ridiculous) for the typical designer stuff. You probably will find most stuff between 400 to 1.5K.

What's the dress for though, evening, all black? or very spring colorful feeling ones?

Edit: ok now I see it's evening gown, then I would say YSL (elegant), RLBL (elegant), Armani Colleizoni (simple and elegant), Donna Karan, Fendi and Robert Cavalli (can get quite fancy)... any of those will cost you about 2K with the exception of Robert Cavalli, which can go for probably 1K (YSL will enter the 3K to 4K range depends on what you get ).

Lanvin, Balenciaga, Tao for CdG, Junya Watanabe, Haider Ackermann, whatever. Really depends on what look she's going for.

I've been looking at some Marc by Marc for my lady. Barneys has a good selection of dresses right now.

Thanks for the names folks. In answer to the cost question, I could probably spend up to $1.5k on something that's worth it, anything more is reaching a bit beyond my paycheck at the moment. I'll check out the suggested names throughout the week. As for colors, I can be convinced either way from black to greens, reds, or even pink. The dress is not for any occasion in particular, but it's good to have at least one dress sitting as a standby.

Check out this site, my girlfriend likes it.

http://www.gownsbysimpleelegance.com...ningGowns.html

I like some of these, thanks for sharing the link.

13. Liam

Liam Senior member

Cool. You are welcome.

I have to admit when I browsed through the site I was pretty impressed with the style and classiness of a lot of the gowns they sell.
    Hope you find your girl something nice.

14. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    Chicks dig fun little outfits and purses/bags from Etsy too.

15. Master_x

Master_x Member

[​IMG]I'm looking for a nice evening gown for my woman to wear. She's quite slim and she's 5'6''. What sort of designers do you guys think I should be looking at? I am clueless about women's fashion.
    i thinks that she have to wear a nice top and jean. this combination is forever and girls looks nice and sexy in top and jeans.