• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

women's casual sneakers?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi all,

so my friend today messaged me on facebook with 2 of the ugliest puma shoes ever with full intent of buying them but couldn't decide which. i quickly told her they belonged in the fireplace, and she asked me in return what shoes would i suggest? i don't usually look into these kinds of things, so i was pretty much stumped after chucks.

could some people here give me some suggestions for women's casual sneakers that aren't blatantly full of branding, aren't chucks, and are maybe more classy than pumas?

thanks all!
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
chanel

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emma Hope. Not cheap, though.

In that range of pricing, maybe tretorn?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry socal, i should have mentioned that it's gotta be college student price friendly
blush.gif
thanks for the tretorn suggestion macuser, i will look into it. any other affordable brands?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell her to stick to heels and flats.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Whats wrong with puma *hugs my Puma Clydes*

Which ones were she planning on getting if you dont mind sharing the pic she showed you

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Tell her to stick to heels and flats.

i did, and she got kinda mad, haha. she said it was mostly for her work, which is in a laboratory (no open toed shoes, heels, etc.)

Originally Posted by kookydooky
Whats wrong with puma *hugs my Puma Clydes*

Which ones were she planning on getting if you dont mind sharing the pic she showed you

i personally like clydes as well, haha. i'm just not a fan of all those low profile with like 5 logos for women's shoes. and you don't wanna see the pics.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tretorns are legit... Also espadrille makes some rad sneaks for men and women...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
i did, and she got kinda mad, haha. she said it was mostly for her work, which is in a laboratory (no open toed shoes, heels, etc.)

It doesn't really matter then, she should just get some ugly ass sneakers and make sure she never wears them in public :p

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
It doesn't really matter then, she should just get some ugly ass sneakers and make sure she never wears them in public :p

LOL. roger that. the best we came up with eventually were onitsuka tigers. i guess those will work for now.

jkennett

Reaction score
+1 to classic adidas.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Thinking like a girl mainly just means looking for less pieces that make you go "That looks awesome!" and more for ones that make you say "That's cute!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads