• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Womens cashmere sweater

Cyber0066

Reaction score
So I know this is mens section, but I don't know where else to post. Looking to buy a nice cashmere sweater for a girl for christmas. Cashmere because I want it soft but if there's another material/blend that is soft, then I don't mind looking into that as well. Not familiar w/ womens labels at all. Price < $100 CDN, $150 max. Any suggestions? Is a cashmere even a good idea for a sweater/turtleneck?

I'm in Toronto, Canada and would prefer NOT to buy online so she can exchange at a store if it doesn't fit.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm curious about this one too because i'd also like to give a cashmere sweater as an x-mas gift.

so far i've checked out the offerings at JCrew and the Scottish-made sweaters at STP.

-Jeff

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, and I would check out department stores like Nordstroms, Macys, and Bloomingdales too.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to try Tom's in Kensington market. There women's selection is on the first floor. Also try Holt's Last Call up in Vaughn Mills. You really aren't going to find any kind of good quality cashmere for >$150 unless it's discounted.

A.

Qubaduck

Reaction score
I know you don't want to go online, but you could always go ebay. My little sis is a big fan of Vince cashmere hoodies, which aren't too bad. Autumn cashmere does the same sort of designs, which also look pretty sharp. Personally i'm not a huge fan of the cashere they use in either case; tend to pill quite a biut and don't really have too soft a hand, but i'm a massive cashmere snob, so thats really to be taken with one pretty massive grain of strategic arms limitations treaty. With $100-150 to spend on the 'bay you can defs come up with something pretty nice, but it's goign to be hard times finding much by way of good cashmere in town for that sort fo money tho. Off the top fo my head, the only cashmere i've been able to score within that range was a cashmere/cotton blend on sale from Club Monaco before i got hooked on the internet. My only other suggestions would be to go take a peek at what the Bay or somewhere alogn those lines has on sale, or perhaps wait a little while to see if somehwere has a good sale on. For the quasi retail experience, there's always places like Winners, which i'm a big fan of, but if you were to go that route you'd have to buy very late in the game in order to fall within their return policy. Oh, and maybe take a peek thru some thrift stores or vintage clothes stores and see what you can come up with. good luck eh?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doh, faust, where were you with that code 4 hours ago? Way I see it, you owe me $20.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads