• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Women's brands

scot

Reaction score
I think I have a good feel on who makes quality men's clothing, but know next to nothing about good women's clothing. Since you all are the clothing experts, where better to ask than here? So the question is, does anyone know of any lists of brands for womens clothing that would fit our standards for quality? Please note, I am not talking about specific styles, just brands and labels, though if you want to include information about the basic ideas behind the label it would be appreciated.

My own specific interest is I am looking to get my girlfriend a sweater. Looking around at other sites it becomes a wash of too much information on multitudes of labels but most of it useless advertising and very little on true quality. I want to get her something that feels nice, looks great, works well, and will last a good long time. The exact same things we look for in quality men's clothing. If you have any ideas please let me know.

I know its slightly off topic, but figured most of us might find this information useful, especially as valentines is coming up and the sales will be hitting full force next month.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just walk into the good section of your local Neiman-Marcus and you'll find what you're looking for.

Having just done some Christmas shopping for my wife, mother, etc., I'd suggest:

-- Loro Piana
-- Ralph Lauren Purple Label
-- Piazza Sempione
-- Gucci

drljva

Reaction score
I think I have a good feel on who makes quality men's clothing, but know next to nothing about good women's clothing.  Since you all are the clothing experts, where better to ask than here?  So the question is, does anyone know of any lists of brands for womens clothing that would fit our standards for quality?  Please note, I am not talking about specific styles, just brands and labels, though if you want to include information about the basic ideas behind the label it would be appreciated.

My own specific interest is I am looking to get my girlfriend a sweater.  Looking around at other sites it becomes a wash of too much information on multitudes of labels but most of it useless advertising and very little on true quality.  I want to get her something that feels nice, looks great, works well, and will last a good long time.  The exact same things we look for in quality men's clothing.  If you have any ideas please let me know.

I know its slightly off topic, but figured most of us might find this information useful, especially as valentines is coming up and the sales will be hitting full force next month.
Speaking of women's clothing, was wondering if anyone knows of a site on-line where I can pick up a pair of Paraboot Avignon shoes for my wife. Wanted to buy her these in London last week, but unfortunately, the SR store was closed... :-( Thanks in advance.

JV

Brian SD

Reaction score
A lot of girls that I know like Marc Jacobs (the Marc Jacobs line, not Marc by Marc Jacobs). Really that's all I know. It also seems that women lust after Seven jeans.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweater:
Malo
TSE
Sonia Rykiel-Paris
Valentino