Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

women of crossfit

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by pauliodotnet, Dec 8, 2009.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

A little tidbit on your mancrush John Grimek:

"I don't know for sure because I wasn't there. You have to remember that John Grimek was not a bodybuilder; he was strictly a lifter - a very strong weightlifter. If you look at his pictures you will see the lack of balance. He gets lost in his massive frame."

He wouldn't last a minute in CrossFit.

And by all means enjoy your boring, repetitive, mundane routine. CrossFit involves 90% of those exercises you mentioned.

[​IMG]

2. Hangdog

Hangdog Well-Known Member

Oh well, I guess that fuckin' settles it then.

3. mikej77

mikej77 Senior member

Damn bro, I don't know! So many things don't directly affect me, but somehow, I still have an opinion about them, too! Isn't that crazy?

Just doesn't seem normal for someone to get so heated up about how other people exercise. Maybe you need to lay off the roids or get a hobby or something.

4. Hangdog

Oh yeah, the roids. Fuckin' Dianobol, or however it's spelled.

5. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

How many of their videos on Youtube feature hot athletic broads with nice asses?

How many of their videos feature some fit, strong guy doing an exercise he's never done before, competing against someone who practices that exercise constantly?

I will have fun doing bench presses, overhead presses, weighted chins, pulls and dips and standing bicep curl and presses. John Grimek had fun doing them back in the day, and he could've stomped all over every smug CrossFit cult douchebag.

That's called marketing; I don't see the gimmick. When's the last time you saw a Muscle & Fitness magazine with an ugly, out of shape babe on the cover?

You list some good exercises. Hoepfully, you got a pair and you squat and deadlift too.

6. Hangdog

Fine, it's marketing. Great marketing doesn't mean your program is the best or even terribly innovative.

7. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

It's not the best for me but it is great for a lot of people, especially when the alternatives are ellipticals and "fitness" classes. There are a lot of good people out there in the community, just steer clear of the crazies.

8. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Fine, it's marketing. Great marketing doesn't mean your program is the best or even terribly innovative.

Agreed. CF is actually kind of old school in it's approach. You could do a helluva lot worse than CF though; for instance, you could pick a bodypart routine out of M&F magazine.

9. Invicta

Invicta Senior member

Less talking, more fit hotties

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

My WOD today (forget the name):

4 rounds for time
    400 meter run
    20 pullups (head over the bar)
    20 air squats (below parallel)
    20 situps
    20 burpees (hips to the ground)

Sounds easy? Yeah right. 25 minutes of hell. Almost made me want to quit CrossFit.

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Why can't you assholes just be happy people are working out period, instead of nitpicking each others' routines? Save your rebuke for the lazy fatasses who stay on the couch all day and bitch about being fat.

Hell I'm a troll and this is even getting to be much for me. This subsection is more and more looking like the Misc section of bodybuilding.com.

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

This is a CrossFit thread. What purpose does coming into this thread and dissing CrossFit serve? None. Simple as that.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

This is a CrossFit thread. What purpose does coming into this thread and dissing CrossFit serve? None. Simple as that.

Agree. I don't care for Crossfit either, but I could give a shit if you do. I just like looking at the girls. But it's not just Crossfit, doesn't matter what you do, if you post it, you're going to have 20 people calling you stupid or claiming it doesn't work.

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

post moar chixxx w/ oly bars & kb's

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Less talking, more fit hotties

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everyone of these broads minus the top one kinda scares me a little. I just don't find extremely vascular, bulging muscles very attractive on a women, but whatever you guys like I can't hate...