• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women in Japan....

mkk

Reaction score
Check out the book Pink Box by Joan Sinclair.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
i'm sure times have changed...this was 10 years ago when I was doing my tour of *** girls...In 2006(7) they gotta be more openminded now...and I can even imagine them preferring foreigners as many *** guys can be so "dasai"

nihon no manko tameni nandemo dekiru ne

(does that make sense? I think it might be a little bit formal for the context
laugh.gif
)

Brian SD

Reaction score
Also Fuuma, this is the second time in two days I've seen JR Ewing referenced. Are they popular now? Also, I could have sworn they were from Norway or some ****, not texas?

At least they were when I saw them. Their single at the time was "pre summertime blues" and everyone was heckling them about being from sweden, even though they aren't.

I really liked their album. it was on GSL (which was based in San Diego, at the time)

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Many of the girls I knew from University that were from Sweden/Finland were almost exclusively with black men whilst here in the U.S. They mentioned that they were seen as "exotic" and thus sexier because they were different and there weren't many of them in their country.......I thought that sucked; well, for me trying to get with them at least.

That is very true even today, despite the fact that they have had immigration from Africa for nearly a decade...
Strangely, some of the girls are pretty attractive and still marry or date black men. So I don't know what the motivation is.
In any event I hope these Finnish-African marriages produce more exotic looking babes.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
nihon no manko tameni nandemo dekiru ne

(does that make sense? I think it might be a little bit formal for the context
laugh.gif
)

You might want to double-check the grammar and word choice, and I certainly hope this doesn't count as "formal" language. Kids these days.
devil.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Also Fuuma, this is the second time in two days I've seen JR Ewing referenced. Are they popular now? Also, I could have sworn they were from Norway or some ****, not texas? At least they were when I saw them. Their single at the time was "pre summertime blues" and everyone was heckling them about being from sweden, even though they aren't. I really liked their album. it was on GSL (which was based in San Diego, at the time)
I think you're confusing this with this. Unless I'm missing the joke.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
You might want to double-check the grammar and word choice, and I certainly hope this doesn't count as "formal" language. Kids these days.
devil.gif

I can't double check anything. I'm not fluent by any means.

I tried my best to say, "for japanese *****, one would do anything, no?"

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
A gentler expression that essentially has the same meaning: ナンパする時に何でも言いますねえ。

NR, if he sees this, can no doubt provide much better alternatives, in terms of idiom and/or earthiness.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
A gentler expression that essentially has the same meaning: ナンパする時に何でも言いますねえ。

NR, if he sees this, can no doubt provide much better alternatives, in terms of idiom and/or earthiness.

hahaha, thats much too gentle for the context I am trying to create.

たしか ナンパするのは、"hit on" だろうな。

短い話:飲み会で女子に、「防止よくに合うんだな。」って言った。彼女は 英語で、「I oh no I have boyfriend in Japan!」って言った。僕は、「ナンパしなかったよ!誉めてただけだよ。」

Does that make sense? For the longest time after this I thought simple compliments were way too pushy but other Japanese girls I've complimented have received them very well.

I just finished my final for the last semester of Japanese that I'm taking. It's making me very sad, but as you can see I am attempting to use it at every instance possible to keep it fresh in my head before I move their next summer.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Aw, you should have offered to be study buddies with her. I'm sure boifurendo wouldn't mind!

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I just finished my final for the last semester of Japanese that I'm taking. It's making me very sad, but as you can see I am attempting to use it at every instance possible to keep it fresh in my head before I move their next summer.

We expect many original contributions to this thread:

http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23355&page=37

lurker[1].gif

Condor

Reaction score
I lived in Osaka in 94. I was treated as the hairy white guy-jin devil.
I think japanese womean are super super sexy.
It was very, very disappointing to me.

I dont think I'm THAT ugly, and, to answer your question, no,
nothing ever 'worked out'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads