• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women crying in public - what to do?

Risque

Reaction score
Many thanks for the replies, guys - some of the troll ones got a lol out of me. Unfortunately, I was fresh out of kleenex at the time, and I wasn't going to hand over my silk PS (though it would be deluxe on the nose...).

She got off the train a few minutes later, sans tears, so I guess it mustn't have been that bad.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
yeah man **** that ****. you have to make fun of her first! bitches love that ****. then wear a microphone around your neck because it will be a conversation starter!
Quiet down or I'll stab you with a collar pin.

JAPAN

Reaction score
Well, if I were you I would stay away. That would be nice if that girl would just nod and say that she was okay. What if she end up mad and she yelled at you to stay away from her?
Or maybe she would throw you her boots and tell you to leave.
That would be embarrassing and I don't want that to happen to me for sure

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She totally wanted you. You missed a golden opportunity.
devil.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easy pickins imo.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Give her a chloroform soaked rag to wipe her eyes with, force said rag against her face, then do her *********** so she really has something cry about later.

tricota

Reaction score
Women crying is really the only reason to carry an extra white hankachief...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
Women crying is really the only reason to carry an extra chloroformed white hankachief...

ftfy

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
Give her a chloroform soaked rag to wipe her eyes with, force said rag against her face, then do her *********** so she really has something cry about later.

Ah, the old "Simonnot Godard".

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
That's disturbing...disturbingly funny.. People actually carry a handkerchief just for that spontaneously random woman crying ? That's a little too calculated for me.. I really don't think I'd find myself asking a crying woman in NY if "she'd like to talk about it". I'll ask if she is ok and she commits to talking about it, I'll engage for a bit and let my spidey senses take care of the rest.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell her she's making everyone on the train uncomfortable and ask her to stop.

Seriously, though, I think you did the right thing. You showed some compassion, but you didn't push into her business.

JAPAN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
Women crying is really the only reason to carry an extra white hankachief...

That's disgusting. I'd rather buy her a pack of tissue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads