• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Womb chair reupholstery

Deliberate1

Reaction score
Friends, I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a lead on an upholstery shop that can do a righteous recover of a vintage Womb, either in leather or fabric, with new foam as well. And for those of you who have done it, price range would be appreciated.
Obliged.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Friends, I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a lead on an upholstery shop that can do a righteous recover of a vintage Womb, either in leather or fabric, with new foam as well. And for those of you who have done it, price range would be appreciated.
Obliged.

See here. If located in the New York City area, Prestige Furniture & Design and Simon's Upholstery are the best for mid-century modern classics, with the edge going to Prestige for overall quality (but for more money).

I don't know how much a Womb chair would cost to re-upholster, but a sofa would be ~$2,000 for labor at Prestige and $1,200 at Simon's (in either case, not including fabric and delivery costs).

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
109 Ingraham St, Brooklyn, NY 11237
premierdecoratorsny.com

Rafi Swiza is a genius. Pattern matching etc. One of the absolute best businessperson I have ever dealt with. Always on time, excellent service and never breaks any promises.
Superb little shop that is also very affordable.

Deliberate1

Reaction score
109 Ingraham St, Brooklyn, NY 11237
premierdecoratorsny.com

Rafi Swiza is a genius. Pattern matching etc. One of the absolute best businessperson I have ever dealt with. Always on time, excellent service and never breaks any promises.
Superb little shop that is also very affordable.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have already reached out to them.
Cheers.
D1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads