• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman's Watch: Gift for Wife

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
This may seem like an odd place to ask this question but there are many here with style and a sense of value, so:

My wife's birthday is coming up. I know she'd love a new watch but I'm broke. $500 or maybe $600 is the most I can spend. She likes watches that are small with metal bracelets. Her current watch is a Raymond Weil Parsifal that she doesn't love. She lost an Ebel wave that she did love. Any suggestions for something interesting in this price range?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're broke, you should save, drop 60 bucks at the grocery and cook her a nice dinner.. then buy her a watch that you know she'd love when she isn't expecting it.
wink.gif

DM.ru

Reaction score
Try Longines...you may find something in this price range...even new.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder too, if perhaps this isn't the best time to 'do' a watch, for your wife? How about a lovely, lovely scarf? Perhaps a great fragrance? How about something for her dresser top? A high quality, hand held mirror is something all women seem to love. Still, if your heart is set on a watch, you should be able to find something quite presentable, for five hundred dollars. Or, less.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get your priorities straight and do something better with your $500 than a luxury item, i.e., completely unnecessary, for your wife. It's a very good thought, but not prudent. Your wife should understand this.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Get your priorities straight and do something better with your $500 than a luxury item, i.e., completely unnecessary, for your wife. It's a very good thought, but not prudent. Your wife should understand this.

I think I'm capable of setting my own priorities. Perhaps I should have written more precisely. "Broke" is a relative term. Let's put it this way: I can, and will, spend about $500 on a birthday present for my wife. I can't, and won't, spend $5000 this year. So, from my perspective, I'm too "broke" to look at expensive watches. That being said, if I could find an interesting and nice watch for $500 or $600 for her, I'd buy it. If I can't, I'll find something else in that price range. So, does anyone have a suggestion for an interesting woman's watch in this price range?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i bought a raymond weil for my mother a while back more than 10 years ago and it still is a lovely watch that she wears and enjoys.
for a women's watch imo it is more form and style over function so you dont have to think movado, gucci, or vuitton is out of the picture, you can definitely get those watches in that range.
and i think they are fashionable and stylish enough to be worn as luxury accessories and enjoyed by your wife.

the thing that brings me to "broke" state (in my gift purchasing budget) is the fact that my wife (and yours too probably) covet too many different accessories for me to keep track of.
sunglasses (this is the hot accessory now) , shoes, boots, watches, tiffany, eyeglass frames, wallets, HANDBAGS, hair stuff, expensive cosmetics stuff, skin care stuff, ..danng.
i cant keep up with it. that is not even including regular jewelry like diamonds, necklaces, and bracelets.

for me the only luxury i own is shoes. i guess i m not trying to answer anything you asked, just sharing as well. i hope you find something good for your wife. it is a never ending purchasing with the spouse.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
anything interesting for $500 right now? is your wife into keeping up with fashion?
sunglasses by chanel , paul stuart, oliver peoples are hot right now. they are around 250-400 dollars retail .
i also was looking into a guccissima wallet , that is $380 retail.
vuitton has a very beautiful white monogram wallet (pricey though , $700 ) but it is very beautiful and she probably will love it.

or you can bring home something in a famous tiffany box maybe a nice little ring or bracelet or chain necklace in their sterling silver that is very popular. all under $500 .

Aureus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
You can get a nice vintage watch made in platinum with small diamonds for about that price.
My mother loves her's.

redtree00

Reaction score
B&M Hampton.
Classic watch and can be bought within your price range.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i applaud you for your thoughtfulness. yes, it may sound corny, but it IS the thought that counts, and i'm pretty sure your wife will love whatever watch you find for her- heck you are an SF member!!!
smile.gif
on a sidenote: i bought my wife a bathroom scale last xmas, and i never heard the end of it.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
on a sidenote: i bought my wife a bathroom scale last xmas, and i never heard the end of it.

Dude, you've got some set of grapes on you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads