• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Woman who are into sports

Byrd

Reaction score
Do you feel more attracted to women who are into sports??? I know sports are universal, but when I chick starts talking to me about the Cleveland Browns, I automatically just press the off button.

oops, this belongs in general chat, is there a way to switch to that, and apologies for the grammar of the title.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Byrd
oops, this belongs in dumb threads, is there a way to switch to that, and apologies for the grammar of the title.
fixed.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women who are in to sports are hotter than women who are not (all other things being equal).

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont generally like women who are into sports etc. i like girly girls, not manly girls.

Reaction score
yeah, Ive never really liked the girls who talked sports. Always found it kinda off putting.

Isn't there something she should be cleaning?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
next thing you know, the girl joins your pick-up game, beats you at it, breaks your balls then go get some beer with your buddies.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women who play sports, great. Those who just talk about them, meh.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, women who know about sport, but don't play are undesirable; women who play sports, but don't talk about them are desirable; women not interested in sports are desirable? Liking sports is manly? What century do you guys live in?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
My girlfriend likes sports, particularly baseball. I think it's really nice actually. It's a common interest that we both enjoy. Going to games and watching games is something that neither of us is "doing for the other person" per se, instead it's something we both look forward to doing.

I can't see how there is anything negative about that.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
So if I understand this correctly, women who know about sport, but don't play are undesirable; women who play sports, but don't talk about them are desirable; women not interested in sports are desirable?

Well if your a guy that's not into sports, particularly watching them then yes.

adamsnez

Reaction score
i HATE watching/talking about sports and DESPISE people who get so involved in others lives (read: professional atheletes) pisses me off!

i like playing sports [except football] but if a girl ever tried talking sports (especially UFC shit!!! OH MY GOSH DOES THAT EVER PISS ME OFF) to me i'd say "stfu n00b"

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's attractive when they actually know what they're talking about at my level, especially because I follow a lot of sports so it'd be nice to be able to talk about it with someone you're spending that much time with. It gives you something else you have in common, this is hardly ever a bad thing.

It's obnoxious when a girl will root annoyingly for a team they know nothing about, but is saying "Go Eagles" because they think guys will like her for it. Or says they "love basketball" but get a blank look in their eyes when you mention a zone defense. If you don't know what you're talking about, just shut the fuck up about it already. Don't tell me that my college football team is going down this weekend when you can't name a single WR on the team your supposedly rooting for. This goes for guys too, but it strikes me as more disingenuous when girls do it.

samblau

Reaction score
Playing or fans, doesn't matter, I like 'em both. Of course....if a girl is super-attractive her understanding of the infield fly rule is not going to change the fact that I find her attractive. Aside from that....if I had a choice between a genius fan spilling beer on me while wearing a size XXXL jersey that barely gets the job done or a chick wearing a CHILDRENS size jersey that also barely gets the job done (I have seen this, it was quite nice) I am choosing the later. I can see how a girl who is CRAZY about sports i.e. knows MUCH more than me could be intimidating or how a chick who loves a particular player i.e. Beckham, Jeter, Brady could be annoying. Girls that play sports can be a lot of fun....I might find full-contact ice hockey a bit odd, but soccer, field hockey, softball, basketball are all sports that many women play....I thoroughly enjoy playing co-ed basketball...the girls pass to me more :).

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I like women who can golf, play some tennis, swim, the more genteel sports.

Housing beers at a sports bar, wearing a football jersey, and yelling about the idiotic playcalling is not attractive.

Not specifically directed at you, but I think this question all depends on what you are into. As I said-- I like going to baseball games, watching games on TV, and sometimes tailgating. It's nice to have a girlfriend who likes doing that stuff with me. I'm not painting my chest or anything, but someone who sneared at having a beer and watching the sox once and a while, would probably take some of the fun out of doing that.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 148 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%