• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman loses $24,000 rolex through airport security

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
What to Leave Behind

Don't bring anything you would hate to lose. Leave at home:

valuable or expensive-looking jewelry

irreplaceable family objects
all unnecessary credit cards
your Social Security card, library card, and similar items you may routinely carry in your wallet.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...fety_1747.html

What would they know about theft while traveling, right?

This is seriously aggravating me: It's not supposed to get stolen IN THE ******* AIRPORT SECURITY LINE. END OF STORY.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
TSA are ******* vampires, **** them.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
This is a bunch of generic advice for people traveling abroad and who are not familiar with the streets or the safety of the country they're visiting (the page title and intro should be good hints for you). This has nothing to do with some woman flying from Norfolk, VA to Jacksonville, FL. She's taking a mode of transportation that's not especially known for jewelry theft, and can take whatever she pleases on the plane as long as it's not prohibited. TSA agents have no business stealing stuff. And there's no blaming the victim here, sorry. Again, your arguments are laughable (to be generous)
You really think an employee (or anyone) wouldn't be tempted to a SNATCH A ROLEX!! I wonder if a Casio would of received the same attention. It's fucked up she lost her ****, but what do you expect thieves to do when they see a Rolex?
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
This is seriously aggravating me: It's not supposed to get stolen IN THE ******* AIRPORT SECURITY LINE. END OF STORY.
But it did. And yes being jacked from the security line is pretty outrageous and I am sure the cameras must of caught something that blatant.

Mountains

Reaction score
Travelers having stuff stolen happens. Getting stuff stolen in the airport security line after you place it in a tray should not happen - it basically means that the TSA officers stole the watch, so far as I can tell.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things aren't supposed to get stolen anywhere, and women aren't supposed to get raped under any circumstances. "Should've known better" doesn't exonerate the offenders.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the security cameras weren't working. How convenient.
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Things aren't supposed to get stolen anywhere, and women aren't supposed to get raped under any circumstances. "Should've known better" doesn't exonerate the offenders.
Bad things aren't suppose to happen? Why? Where did you get the idea that life was fair?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. I'm always a little worried whenever I leave my wallet/watch/passport/ipod in that little basket and it gets out a few seconds ahead of me. I'd **** bricks if I had a $24K rolex in there. Hopefully it's insured. I've heard in some really poorly ran airports (mostly third world) they don't have enough of those little buckets, so they will make 4 or 5 people put all their stuff in one at the same time... and hope no one else grabs their stuff while they're being scanned
facepalm.gif

darkdream

Reaction score
My mother lost a very high quality diamond platinum ring in airport security like a year or two after the 911 incident. It was probably when the security guy searched through everything in her baggage.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Custom
This is so sad but she really should have travel insurance at least
what kind of travel insurance would cover a $24K rolex? Aren't they usually capped at like $1-$2K if you lose your altogether?
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Obviously the woman never saw Pulp Fiction, or she would know that there are far better places to carry a watch.
eh.gif
I saw it twice and have no idea what this means. Did the girl from pulp fiction keister stash valuables at some point in the movie?
eh.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
eh.gif

I saw it twice and have no idea what this means. Did the girl from pulp fiction keister stash valuables at some point in the movie?
eh.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow

eh.gif

eh.gif

facepalm.gif
are you kidding me Fidel?? lol

Originally Posted by imageWIS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

right!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Who the **** said travelers should leave watches at home? If she could afford a $24,000 watch she could of taken a less expensive watch on a trip. Things being stolen when you travel ain't more common? Get real.
Yep, I think this is poorly-considered, also. When I go on vacation, part of the point is often to go to nice places and be dressed up. I live in the sticks, there's no place here to wear a solid gold watch. So yes, I usually travel with it (though I admit that I place it in my briefcase before entering security, along with all the other stuff people usually put in the basket). ~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads