• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Wolverine contacted us and said we needed to remove the EEE width boots for now. They said they think they will be produced but are uncertain at this time. The D widths are definitely a go though.
I plan on waiting until they come out in August to get a pair of brown 1000 miles from you. Is there a chance I might miss out on them if I don't preorder them? Thanks.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I plan on waiting until they come out in August to get a pair of brown 1000 miles from you. Is there a chance I might miss out on them if I don't preorder them? Thanks.

That depends on their production run. My guess is they will sell so they could end becoming scarce quick. 8/1/2009 is the target launch date. You don't have to pre order them but I wouldn't wait too long after the launch to pick them up.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
That depends on their production run. My guess is they will sell so they could end becoming scarce quick. 8/1/2009 is the target launch date. You don't have to pre order them but I wouldn't wait too long after the launch to pick them up.

How long will you be taking preorders for?

dcrane

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Notice.... We are giving FREE Shipping for all order of $100 and more to the lower 48 until the end of May. MODOT is redoing our overpass bridge for 45 days and we will have limited traffic access. So to celebrate, we are giving FREE shipping. Just order like usual, the shipping price will show up. We'll deduct it before we run your credit card OR if you are a PayPal customer, I'll refund the shipping charges before we ship. Just trying to help out. http://www.cranes-country-store.com/store/home.php
David Crane

DocHunter

Reaction score
I would order, but I'm worried about sizing. Especially since the boots are expensive. I don't want to mess with sizing on an expensive pair of boots that will sell quickly.

I'm a 9 1/2 in New Balances. 8.5 in Danners. 8.5 in Desert Boots. My Jack Purcell Chucks are a size 9 but only because 8.5 is just barely too small.

Could anyone help me out with sizing on these 1000 mile boots? Obviously it's tough because they haven't even been released yet, but I want to get in on the pre-order. Thanks.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It's been suggested that you should try on a 6" Wolverine boot somewhere for sizing. I think it's also been mentioned that Sears carries a 6" Wolverine so try that. That's on my to do list this weekend. If not Sears then try the dealer finder on the Wolverine site.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that the "wide" version of the boots are "EEE"? Usually one E is just about right for me...

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, Wolverine has a tendency to skip E and EE - they made D and EEE. I need to try some on to find out if it's a narrow EEE or what the deal is.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Has it been confirmed that the "wide" version of the boots are "EEE"? Usually one E is just about right for me...

a page back I believe they mentioned Wolverine asked them to remove EEE from the website.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rep is bringing in the 1000 mile boot along with other items from the line to the store today. I can't make it there but Dave is supposed to get me pics and all kinds of info on what when and in what sizes. With a little luck I'll be able to expand the product line for pre orders.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Any chance wolverine boots are sold in melbourne, australia? They look like great boots, but i'd like to try on a similar sized shoe to be able to order some...if possible.

mistewacko

Reaction score
The rep is bringing in the 1000 mile boot along with other items from the line to the store today. I can't make it there but Dave is supposed to get me pics and all kinds of info on what when and in what sizes. With a little luck I'll be able to expand the product line for pre orders.

Please do...i'd be very interested in a wide width boot.

TDV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
they obviously need a tie-in with this guy:
wolverine-origins-jackman.jpg
125-year-old boots, 125+ year old character? good fit i think.

lol wolverine is 300 years old. These are 'nice' but I think I'd rather stick with Frye. I'd like to see these in person though, who else will carry them or where can I find them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads