Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hboogz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

I got the Darby boots in the mail thursday. I don't have a camera at college so if i post pictures it won't be today.

I got them in 10.5. I wear a 13 in adidas sambas and vans slip-ons, 12 in sperry topsiders, 11 in clarks DBs and 11 in chucks. The desert boots are a tiny bit too big in 11 but the wolverine boots are about perfect in 10.5. I'm 6' and about 145 lbs if you care.

The boots are terrific. Included in the box was a tin which I assumed contained papers of authenticity or something dumb but instead it contained a brush, soft cloth, a bottle of leather conditioner, and a little case of leather cream. I've already walked at least 5 miles in them being a student on a pretty large campus and having to do things all over campus.

I don't know anything about leather really so I can't say anything about that. A few of my friends commented on the quality of the leather and I think they know their shit but I wouldn't swear to it.

Great buy! A+++++++++

2. Brian1976

Brian1976 Well-Known Member

I got the Darby boots in the mail thursday. I don't have a camera at college so if i post pictures it won't be today.

I got them in 10.5. I wear a 13 in adidas sambas and vans slip-ons, 12 in sperry topsiders, 11 in clarks DBs and 11 in chucks. The desert boots are a tiny bit too big in 11 but the wolverine boots are about perfect in 10.5. I'm 6' and about 145 lbs if you care.

The boots are terrific. Included in the box was a tin which I assumed contained papers of authenticity or something dumb but instead it contained a brush, soft cloth, a bottle of leather conditioner, and a little case of leather cream. I've already walked at least 5 miles in them being a student on a pretty large campus and having to do things all over campus.

I don't know anything about leather really so I can't say anything about that. A few of my friends commented on the quality of the leather and I think they know their shit but I wouldn't swear to it.

Great buy! A+++++++++

I've been looking at the Linden shoes from this Heritage line, the size info that you posted is very helpful, thank you!

3. helo

helo Member

I bought a pair of ascots that should be coming in the mail sometime soon, i'll post some pics as soon as they get here.

4. splattered

splattered Senior member

wtf? Darbys came with all of that? That sounds 10x nicer than the montgomerey's ... i'll have to check them out. I was interested in the darby/ascot before but didnt see them for purchase anywhere. Where are you getting them from?

5. themaskedcorndog

wtf? Darbys came with all of that? That sounds 10x nicer than the montgomerey's ... i'll have to check them out. I was interested in the darby/ascot before but didnt see them for purchase anywhere. Where are you getting them from?

http://www.littlesshoes.com/Products.asp?pid=1110

I called and ordered on Wednesday and they were at the center desk of my dorm on Thursday before 3 pm. Shipping was $13.

The tongue was a bit stiff the first night I wore them but they're already comfortable as any shoe I've ever worn. More so, even. Probably the best purchase I've ever made. Plus they look either beautiful or badass or both. I've received an absurd amount of compliments on them. The heel is probably 1.5 inches but pretty subtle. Not New York Dolls shit or anything

6. themaskedcorndog

Also last night I was drunk and I jumped over a stone ledge and scraped the toe a bit. Nothing too bad but is there anything that can be done about scratches like that?

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

http://www.littlesshoes.com/Products.asp?pid=1110

I called and ordered on Wednesday and they were at the center desk of my dorm on Thursday before 3 pm. Shipping was $13.

The tongue was a bit stiff the first night I wore them but they're already comfortable as any shoe I've ever worn. More so, even. Probably the best purchase I've ever made. Plus they look either beautiful or badass or both. I've received an absurd amount of compliments on them. The heel is probably 1.5 inches but pretty subtle. Not New York Dolls shit or anything

Hmmm heel sounds a bit high

Any chance you could post fit pics? [​IMG]

8. themaskedcorndog

I'll try and get some to post tomorrow. They'll be terrible quality.

9. themaskedcorndog

Sorry, I had to make due with my macbook's camera. Terrible quality but better than nothing? I think so. They aren't even good fit pics but it's hard to take a photo of your feet with a laptop.

You can see how I drunkenly fucked up the toe of the right boot (on the right of the photo and right foot, but photobooth mirrors photos). whatever, gives it character i guess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

Shit... i like those 10x better than the montgomery... i'd love to see some fit pics of the ascots too.

Just curious, what is the leg opening on your jeans in that pic?

11. themaskedcorndog

Shit... i like those 10x better than the montgomery... i'd love to see some fit pics of the ascots too.

Just curious, what is the leg opening on your jeans in that pic?

I think 5" maybe 5 1/2". They're cheap mondays. I'm 6' (6'1" with the boots probably) and weight like 140 and have really long legs and it's really apparent and I feel uncomfortable in jeans that aren't pretty skinny.

The boots are breaking in really nicely. Comfortable as all fuck, too. and rock 'n' roll.

12. splattered

splattered Senior member

I think 5" maybe 5 1/2". They're cheap mondays. I'm 6' (6'1" with the boots probably) and weight like 140 and have really long legs and it's really apparent and I feel uncomfortable in jeans that aren't pretty skinny.

The boots are breaking in really nicely. Comfortable as all fuck, too. and rock 'n' roll.

wha?! hehe

I'm 6' 155-160lbs and still feel uncomfortable in slim/skinny jeans... :p

Prior to SF i was only wearing bootcut. Since i recently bought SJDJ i am getting used to them and when i put on my bootcuts they all look extremely exaggerated to me now so i tossed em all up on ebay.

But yeah... do dig the boots. Thumbs up. [​IMG]

13. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

So you wear a 13 in vans and sized down 2.5 for the boots and they fit perfectly eh? I thank you very much for posting the pictures. Will most likely buy the boots.

14. themaskedcorndog

So you wear a 13 in vans and sized down 2.5 for the boots and they fit perfectly eh?

Yeah.

I thank you very much for posting the pictures. Will most likely buy the boots.

Right on, no problem.

wha?! hehe

I'm 6' 155-160lbs and still feel uncomfortable in slim/skinny jeans... :p

Prior to SF i was only wearing bootcut. Since i recently bought SJDJ i am getting used to them and when i put on my bootcuts they all look extremely exaggerated to me now so i tossed em all up on ebay.

But yeah... do dig the boots. Thumbs up. [​IMG]

Yeah, I mean, I'm really really thin so anything but pretty skinny jeans look really baggy and goofy. To me, anyway. Plus I've worn 'em since I was 16 so it feels odd to wear a different cut.

15. Stavros

Stavros Senior member

Anyone knows how do the 1000 mile boots compare, size-wise, to Alden Indy's and/or Redwing Iron Rangers? I am a 9.5D in Alden, 9D in RW-IR. Thanks.