Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hboogz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Rosenburg, could you post up a pic with your 1000k mile boot with jeans? I am yet to see the pairing and it is the only thing keeping me from getting them because I am worried they are bulbous because some believe them to be and others like yourself say they aren't. You think you could help me out?
    thanks

2. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Rosenburg, could you post up a pic with your 1000k mile boot with jeans? I am yet to see the pairing and it is the only thing keeping me from getting them because I am worried they are bulbous because some believe them to be and others like yourself say they aren't. You think you could help me out?
    thanks

for sure. i gotta get some batteries for my camera but i should be able to get some pics up soon

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

pic sucks. let me know if you want more
    [​IMG]

4. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

wow -- toe isn't bulbous looking at all from that profile. Where did you end up getting them from ?

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

farinellis has them. no, they are not bad at all. any lower profile would start to look like a dress shoe

6. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Thanks for the pic Rosenburg the boots look really good. Much better than I previously thought. Could you get a pic of the front somehow, maybe just looking down at them? Thanks, If I'm being to picky let me know haha. But they do look really good.

7. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

i'm planning on picking up a pair of the rust 1000 miles in the next couple of weeks.

i'm glad to see they are in fact slimmer than previously shown.

8. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

from the top. i took this one outside so the shadows make them look a bit wider than they actually are
    [​IMG]

9. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

yea they look good man. I think I may get the brown ones. Maybe even rust. Do you know if farinelli's stocks the rust?

10. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

yea they look good man. I think I may get the brown ones. Maybe even rust. Do you know if farinelli's stocks the rust?

yeah they have rust and black. i havent seen the rust in person but the pics look badass

11. ThisSunday

ThisSunday Member

Here's how the 1000k look in rust. I've had these for about six weeks.

[​IMG]

12. APK

APK Senior member

These might be my winter boot. I was put off by how chunky they looked in pics I'd seen to this point. But the user-supply pics make them look just about perfect.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

These might be my winter boot. I was put off by how chunky they looked in pics I'd seen to this point. But the user-supply pics make them look just about perfect.

Definitely consider them - I think that they came out really nice. For a plain-toe, leather-soled US boot, I think they're some of the best out there.

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anyboyd know how these compare to RW GT's in size?

15. factorial

factorial Senior member

The leather color, sheen and quality just didn't - well I'm just not feeling it.
    I took a look at the brown Montgomery in person today at Hanig's in Chicago and have to agree. I actually was looking for a "dressier combat boot" (oxymoron?) but I thought the leather on the Montgomery looked cheap. (Actually the leather lining on the inside looked nicer than the outside.) They seemed pretty comfortable out of the box but the leather just isn't that nice. Guess I will have to keep looking... anyone have any ideas for a "dress" boot with a commando sole I can wear this winter?
    Anyboyd know how these compare to RW GT's in size?
    For the Montgomerys at least, an RW GT runs at least 0.5 sizes larger. Can't speak specifically to the 1000 Mile.