Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hboogz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

No way they're 325 for shell.... seriously?!

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Been afraid of these boots dropping since the first time I saw the pics. Afraid of having to pick which to buy, afraid of buying more than one.

3. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

holy shit!

it's funny how brands like timberland and wolverine are releasing some great looking stuff now

Timberland makes nice stuff? I have yet to see it I guess.

Timberland Boot Company? Yes.

Timberland? No.

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

No way they're 325 for shell.... seriously?!

They're cowhide from Horween.

5. KenN

KenN Senior member

Nice boots. I'm glad we are a Wolverine dealer. I'll have to get a sneak peek out of our rep.

Better stock them, because I'm buying from you.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG]

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Wolverine is one of those nice easy going companies. We asked them about pricing when we set up the website and they said we don't care how much you sell them for we got our money. So we sell them at a good discount. They have something called EDI for those of us who don't stock everything they make. What happens is we sell it and then they drop ship it if we don't have that style or size. The only thing is it takes a seriously demented back end to be written into the software. Anyway whether we stock it or not we can get it.

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Been emailing back and forth with Dave. He's got a pair of boots from this collection and he says they are nice. He's going to get me a pair of the 1000 mile US made boot that I'm going to put through an acid test. If they survive my lifestyle then I'll add them to my A list of boots which is a very short list.

9. onion

onion Senior member

Been emailing back and forth with Dave. He's got a pair of boots from this collection and he says they are nice. He's going to get me a pair of the 1000 mile US made boot that I'm going to put through an acid test. If they survive my lifestyle then I'll add them to my A list of boots which is a very short list.

What exactly is involved in an "acid test"?

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

What exactly is involved in an "acid test"?

I'll wear them on construction sites, on the farm and out in the field with no regard for what I step in, on or through. The only thing I'll do is treat the leather with boot oil and SnoSeal and I'll clean them up from time to time with a brush. Muck, mud, rock and water have a way of destroying boots that are not top notch in short order.

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Pictures are worth a thousand words. What you're seeing is a pair of Timberland Pro work boots that are several years old. They are a 3 season waterproof boot. I wear them more than any of my other boots in Spring Fall and Winter. I have stood in muck and water for entire days and my feet stay warm and dry and they are comfortable. The soles still have a lot of lug left and the uppers have no cracks in the leather anywhere. When I kill the sole they will be resoled. If I would bother to clean them up with something other than a hose they would have a helluva good looking patina and would look good on the street.

[​IMG]

A friend of mine buys Wolverine exclusively. He can kill a pair of boots from other brands in six months. His Wolverine boots are a year and a half old now and still going strong. Yeah, I don't think there will be a problem with the Heritage line at all. They should live up to my expectations easily.

We're going to do a Style Forum exclusive for a while on these boots with prices that'll be killer. I think we might even do a pre order thing kinda like what we will do with the Apolis Filson bag.

12. BOF

BOF Senior member

Do you know if this line (particularly the US made model) will have wides?

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I'll know for sure on Thursday. If Wolverine does what they normally do the will be available in wides.

14. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

I'll know for sure on Thursday. If Wolverine does what they normally do the will be available in wides.

You are not making it easy for me to save money. I'm very interested in these, especially if the price is right.

15. confab

confab Well-Known Member

The official website has a .pdf lookbook with high resolution images: Wolverine_1000Mile_Lookbook.pdf They look great, I'm definitely keeping my eye on this collection.