Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hboogz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^it was an example and a joke. I was trying to make a point which clearly went over your head.

However Zissou since you aren't an affiliate ( you don't pay affiliate fees)and know everything about work wear and boots you may say whatever ( good or bad) you want but since I am I have to be goodie goodie all the time and that's just wrong.
    I am happy your are doing your project with Nathan and doing something the forum wants but it's not your livelihood. These are very difficult times and the constant frowning on everything that isn't "the best' is wrong. People have budgets and need to know what's best staying in that budget.

Best,
    mauro

2. jpo

jpo Senior member

What do you guys think...1000 mile boots with khaki's and button ups in a corp casual work environment?

Sounds like everyone is saying the boot is pretty low profile, almost to the point of a shoe. Previously I was thinking I could pull off the Alden/Context Roy boot, and now considering the 1000 miler's.

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

i think all he was trying to say was that people suggest shit that really isnt that affordable to most people and make new users believe anything else is crap

4. Mauro

thank you, sir.

5. dougie

dougie Senior member

Man this thread is a shitshow. I've had the 1000 Miles since July and I love them; I've probably used up about 5% of their intended mileage to date. They're a significant upgrade over my Frye Brandos in looks, construction, and comfort. They're breaking in very nicely--in an effort to get them looking worn I accidentally kicked the corner of my file cabinet the other day and gouged the leather a bit. Sprezzatura! Or something.

I've always shied away from GTs because of the bulbous toe thing. The toe on this boot is not bulbous. It may look a little odd out of the box but after you start to wear them in they look really good. I can't speak to the other models in the line (they don't appeal to me for reasons listed elsewhere in the thread), but I definitely recommend the 1000 Miles.

6. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

anyone have pics?

7. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

anyone have pics?

Go back 2 pages

8. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I think the finishing and leather of the 1000 Mile boots is well worth the price increase over the RW GTs.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

^^it was an example and a joke. I was trying to make a point which clearly went over your head. However Zissou since you aren't an affiliate ( you don't pay affiliate fees)and know everything about work wear and boots you may say whatever ( good or bad) you want but since I am I have to be goodie goodie all the time and that's just wrong.
    My point was that, instead of just criticizing the people who don't like the boots, why not write up a detailed positive review of why you do? I don't think we've seen that yet. Even if it was a joke, you imply that we don't have the ability to think for ourselves. I think we all need to be 'goodie goodies' if we want to expect people (especially new users) to value our opinions, and I don't understand why you being one is wrong if you want to attract new customers.
    You're right in that a workshirt group buy is not my livelihood. In fact, I'm not making a single penny off of it. My livelihood is teaching and wondering each month if I am going to be laid off or at the very least furloughed. Times are certainly tough, and I can only afford to buy 'the best' that I can afford. Considering that I have been lucky enough to find a few pairs of TBC shoes at a reasonable price, it is my personal judgment that I won't buy boots that I think are of lesser quality (at least everything I've seen but the 1K Mile) for twice the price. And, I certainly won't argue with staying within one's budget.
    i think all he was trying to say was that people suggest shit that really isnt that affordable to most people and make new users believe anything else is crap
    I know that definitely happens on SF, but so far it hasn't happened on this thread. So, what are we supposed to do- hold back our opinions just in case a new user can't decide how much they can afford or what is within their own acceptable range of 'quality'?

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

Man this thread is a shitshow. I've had the 1000 Miles since July and I love them; I've probably used up about 5% of their intended mileage to date. They're a significant upgrade over my Frye Brandos in looks, construction, and comfort. They're breaking in very nicely--in an effort to get them looking worn I accidentally kicked the corner of my file cabinet the other day and gouged the leather a bit. Sprezzatura! Or something.

I've always shied away from GTs because of the bulbous toe thing. The toe on this boot is not bulbous. It may look a little odd out of the box but after you start to wear them in they look really good. I can't speak to the other models in the line (they don't appeal to me for reasons listed elsewhere in the thread), but I definitely recommend the 1000 Miles.

Could you be awesome and post some fit pics now that they've worn a bit? [​IMG]

11. duckdown

duckdown Member

more fit pics of the 1000 miles would be great

they look very interesting

12. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

i wasnt trying to tell anybody what to do, i just wanted to clarify his point. i dont have any problem with any suggestions, i just dont like it when people assume that because something isnt $400 it sucks. and im not accusing you ( zissou) of doing that, just a general comment

13. Mauro

Zissou- I hear what you are saying and I do try to give good advice but sometimes I get flustered.
    If you don't think the forum has a sheepish mentality your are "drunk at the club" > I think it's natural however and I also think people who do have a lot of knowledge such as yourself need to give it to the best of their ability and make sure people don't always run with the herd.

I thought my post was funny and accurate and some people agreed. It was nothing personal.

Best,
    Mauro

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Fair enough, Mauro. Nothing personal on my end either. In the interest of promoting not running with herd, I'll continue to post fits of Mister Freedom as much as possible [​IMG]

15. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

Those are actually close to, in color and shape, what i was looking for. That sucks the leather isn't the best. On a 1-10 scale how would you rate the leather quality?

My question is:

If you haven't shipped them back is it possible to get a fit pic of them with jeans (one from the front and one from the side)?

Just to clarify I didn't say the leather was crap - I just said "I wasn't feeling it." It immediately reminded me of the leather on a pair of my Ecco dress shoes - silky smooth, shiny and thin. I wouldn't say the leather is cheap, it's certainly not on par with Paul Smith, but it's no worse than my Ecco's. Again I wanted something more rugged and didn't like the color - I wasn't looking to buy a dressy combat boot with chocolate & burgundy overtones. I don't know if I'm knowledgeable enough in leather to give it a rating of 1-10. I'll just say it's decent, but it's not so great that it just makes you want to rub it all over your cock.

Sorry, but I cannot provide any more pics. I cleaned up the bottom of the shoes, tied the laces just how they arrived and neatly packed them back in the box. I don't want to mess with them anymore since they are going back.