Wolverine Boots, Best 1000 Mile

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cfarrish, Sep 2, 2013.

1. cfarrish

cfarrish New Member

Dear all,
    I consult this forum whenever I have a fashion question, and the debates are always helpful and fun. But this is my first post!
    I am interested in buying a pair of the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots and I've narrowed it down to the Rockford 1000 Mile Cap-Toe and the Montgomery 1000 Mile boot. (links to pages below.) The latter is about $100 cheaper and I am assuming it is not American made. This is a big factor in my decision, but it's not a deal breaker.
    Does anyone have any input on the major differences between the two, aside from the obvious but slight detailing? If you own either pair, what are your thoughts/regrets?
    I teach college and want a boot that can go with jeans and khakis w/o looking like I just came from a work-site. I currently have a pair of Red Wings that are getting too worn out.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

All best,

Chris

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/P.../Rockford-1000-Mile-Cap-Toe-Boot?dimensions=0

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/P...0/Mens/Montgomery-1000-Mile-Boot?dimensions=0

2. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

first post and account just recently made? i think your putting too much thought to this #1 if your teaching in college cole haan square toe'd shoes are essential #2 you will not look like you just left a work site in the said cole haan's if anything you will look very fashion forward.

also may i might add they are perfect for dinner and dessert.

3. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

I love mine so far. It the regular 1000 mile in Cordovan 8. The cap-toe in Brown D looks good also colour-wise. You might want to topy it later on when the sole form to your footing and wears a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]