1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Isn't that calling him a liar? That's the actual definition of an attack. Disagreeing is coming to a different conclusion, i.e., Cranes thinks the 1K's are actual work boots while you think they are dress boots.

Telling Cranes that he must be a shill posting on behalf of the mfr or retailer can most certainly be construed as an attack.

After reading your next post however, it's clear you are just inquisitive (but your OP certainly sounded like an attack to me) :satisfied: .

In any event, my original 1K's stick to pavement for the most part. The leather sole just isn't conducive to off road use. I'll add a lugged vibram when my leather sole wears out. In the meantime, they are looking great with a year's wear on 'em. Obligatory pic (even though they aren't the shell 721's).

[​IMG]

2. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

The Shell 721's are made by Allen Edmonds. They have a video showing and talking about them being made.

3. gregedgewater1

gregedgewater1 Member

I watched the video someone posted a link to it and they talked about working with the leather and the vintage style and some guy stated he was head of the project.
    I guess he meant he was in charge of calling Allen Edmonds and asking them to make a shoe.
    I find this somehow disappointing why make a video about the shoe if you aren't even the ones making it??
    The video make it seems as tho they are proud of the shoe but why all they did was pass a pattern over to someone else.:(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Interesting. Link?

5. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

At 1:15

"When we partnered with Allen Edmonds..."

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Very interesting, not that it's a bad thing by any means. AE has a lot of experience with shell so it would make sense from a manufacturing point of view.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Thanks!

8. thams

thams Senior member

Heard from Leffot today that Wolverine will be releasing another limited edition shell cordovan boot in the coming months -- cap-toe boot in brown. Since I can't seem to find 721LTDs in 8.5 (I'm too late to the game), I'm looking forward to the new release. I just hope it's more sooner than later!

9. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Too bad you need 8.5 i know a seller on ebay that has them in 8 and 9. If your interested search Wolverine 1000 mile 721 LTD on ebay.

10. thams

thams Senior member

I've been eyeing those boots on ebay for the past week. I hear the 721LTDs run a bit more true to size, but I still think the size 9s would be a little too large for my feet. As much as I want to pull the trigger on those, I can't stomach shelling out $600+ on the off chance they might fit (even with the return policy). If I could try them on locally, then it might be a different story.

Ebay is great though -- it's where I picked up my 1000 Mile Originals!

11. thams

thams Senior member

I've been eyeing those boots on ebay for the past week. I hear the 721LTDs run a bit more true to size, but I still think the size 9s would be a little too large for my feet. As much as I want to pull the trigger on those, I can't stomach shelling out $600+ on the off chance they might fit (even with the return policy). If I could try them on locally, then it might be a different story.

Ebay is great though -- it's where I picked up my 1000 Mile Originals!

12. gregedgewater1

gregedgewater1 Member

orvis had them for 579 but the shipping was $19 which seemed high

13. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Yeah, I got my Stocktons from the same guy on there. I'm not sure with sizing in regards to to the 721. I heard they were the same as normal 1k sizing but, i don't have a pair to verify.

14. thams

thams Senior member

Just got conformation from Wolverine that the new shell cordovan boot limited release boot is in the works. Quoted from an email, " We will be launching the 744LTD boot later this year, but that is as much as I am allowed to tell you. Keep watch on the 1000 Mile Blog Site for more info. As we get closer to fall, you will starts seeing more info on it and some images."

Looks like Fitzgeralds is taking pre-orders to the tune of $760. Their website says the boot will start shipping in early August.

http://shop.fitzs.com/744ltd-wolverine-1000-mile-boot-w00744/

15. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Fitzgeralds is where i got my 1k boots. They are some great people and treated me well when i visited their store.

16. thams

thams Senior member

Good news for me -- I was able to score a pair of 721LTDs in 8.5 (the last pair in the country apparently) from Allen Edmonds in Chicago. The representative was nice enough to throw in a pair of leather cord laces and shell cordovan polish free of charge. My wife was slightly taken aback by the price... But when you consider the price relative to the lifespan of the shoe it's a steal! Should be here mid-week.

17. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Nice. Post some pictures when you get them!

18. Dodo

Dodo Senior member

So, the correct sizing for these beauty is half size down? if you wear 8,5 on alden indy a 8,5 721 ltd should fit you perfect? can someone give answer?
    Thams when you receive your boots can you tell something on sizing?
    thanks

19. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Order the same size as Alden Indy.

20. thams

thams Senior member

Crane's,

Thanks for the advice about cordovan shoe care and wear. The shoes are such a big investment that I've been fairly calculating in how I will care for them. While I don't plan on wearing them in through slop and muck, I do intend on subjecting them to some light punishment. I'm still hesitant on use Sno Seal, although I can't really say why. EA told me to stick to a damp cloth and brush -- then cordovan cream 2-3 times per year. I suppose I'll just wait and see how they hold up.

One question though -- have you heard that you're supposed to let the shoe "rest" for 24-48 hours between wears? Seems a little silly to me. I figure if you keep the leather conditioned, then there shouldn't be any issues. Just curious to hear from someone with experience with this boot.

When you get a chance, I'd love to see how the boots are aging. I think I've worn out the internet looking for 721LTD pics. [​IMG]