• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Christoph

Reaction score

I have the 721s in a size 9 and I have the original 1000 miles in a size 9.  They both fit me perfectly.  My understanding is that the 744 was built on the same last as the 721, so it is going to be the exact same size.  They should, therefore, also be the same size as the original 1000 miles.

I emailed Leffot and they said it is a different last and that it fits true to size and to not size down like the other Wolverine boots, 1K or 721LTD.

FENWAY

Reaction score
Anyone else finding the first few pics of the 744s a bit underwhelming? Hoping they're better looking in person

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to see better pictures of this cigar colour.

From what I've seen, I'd rather spend LESS and get some Alden shell captoes.

Though, I do love my 721's, and if I didn't own them already, I'd be more motivated to look at 744's.

tsekh

Reaction score

I need to see better pictures of this cigar colour.

From what I've seen, I'd rather spend LESS and get some Alden shell captoes.

Though, I do love my 721's, and if I didn't own them already, I'd be more motivated to look at 744's.

Agree. I like the style of 721, but the 744... just don't do it for me. I'd rather pay less and some Alden shell cordovan captoe.

PetzZz

Reaction score
Don't know what to think yet ... It depends a lot of the picture!
On LeoSquare Mens's Facebook page, they look quite nice, but on NeedSupply, I find it quite hideous.

Here is a bonus pic, from a dealer who revealed a picture too soon :

burnso

Reaction score
I really like the dark leather soles and dark welt stitching on these LTD's (and the 721's). And I think the colour and style are great.

Due to the price, if I felt I could wear these as more than just a casual boot Id be getting them.
Wardrobe needs (staple) dress shoes atm, and unfortunately I cant see these working :(...

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw photos of the 744's on you-know-who's facebook. I retract my prior statements - they look great!

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My size, too... How in the world did you find that auction, google? You win the internet, sir! Jelly.

PetzZz

Reaction score
Well like every day I was checking eBay for hoping for some deals on the 721LTD (Missed the shot on You-Know-Who pairs) when I saw that so I pulled the trigger! I was on the right place at the right time I think!
I will see for real if I like them, and if not, I will resell them and go for a probably long and hard seek of 721LTD in my size.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads