• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Christoph

Reaction score
Look good, thats the first picture I've seen of the 744's anywhere..

Last edited:

Christoph

Reaction score
Other than that guy on eBay, is there anywhere else left to buy the 721 LTDs? Also, is the fit for them the same as the Wolverine 1000's? I fit a 10 in them.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other than that guy on eBay, is there anywhere else left to buy the 721 LTDs? Also, is the fit for them the same as the Wolverine 1000's? I fit a 10 in them. 

See previous page. Same goes for the 744 as the 721 on sizing.

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Leffot regarding sizing:
"You will need to size up from your Barrie last size. The 744 LTD is made on a different last than the original 1000 mile boots and you do not need to size down."

Saw your post on that on Leffot.

Caveat emptor.

For ref, my experience, YRMV:
9 - Wolverine 1K
9 - Wolvering 721LTD
9 or 9.5 - Alden Barrie
10 or 10.5 - Nike

721LTD on left - size "9 D" on tongue
1K rust on right - size "9 D" on tongue

I hope others don't take Leffot's advice...

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also compared to a 9 Barrie just now, and was essentially the same as above. I'd go with you Barrie size.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw your post on that on Leffot.

Caveat emptor.

For ref, my experience, YRMV:
9 - Wolverine 1K
9 - Wolvering 721LTD
9 or 9.5 - Alden Barrie
10 or 10.5 - Nike
so you went 1 full size down from your brannock size? considering barrie lasts are usually .5 down
Assuming the nike sizing is your brannock size

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so you went 1 full size down from your brannock size? considering barrie lasts are usually .5 down
Assuming the nike sizing is your brannock size

I did. And yep, 10 is my brannock.

My buddy is an 11 and tried on some 1K Addisons in 10 today and said they fit perfect.

Others will say .5 down is more appropriate.

YRMV.

In any case, I certainly wouldn't order any Wolverines in my brannock/"TTS", lol.

Last edited:

twocoloreyes

Reaction score
hey quick question for anyone who owns these, is the fit with these the same as it is with the regular 1000 miles? i read that the new 744 are true to size, and i dont know if the 721 and the 744 are the same.

Last edited:

twocoloreyes

Reaction score
never mind. bought em anyway!

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

love em! color is awesome, the fit is odd though, my left foot is at least a size/half size smaller than my right, so its knocking around while my right foot is snug. i got a decent deal on them and i couldnt be happier with them for the price. im just dreading my first scuff though. there is one little thing thats driving my o.c.d. sense off the chart, just one tiny scratch in the leather here:

DSCN2050.jpg

i know its nothing, but it will keep catching my eye till i put more wear on them

cranes, did you treat these before your first wear? i havent taken them outside yet, im debating treating them or not.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good. What was your finding on sizing vs regular 1000 mile boots?

twocoloreyes

Reaction score
about the same, if not slightly smaller. i have a 8.5 brown 1000 miles, and they fit like 9.5, these fit somewhere between 9-9.5

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found the same thing. I ordered the 721 in the same size as my regular 1000k's but the 721's seem to fit more snugly despite the measurements on both being identical. Perhaps a case of cordovan being more rigid?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cranes, did you treat these before your first wear? i havent taken them outside yet, im debating treating them or not.

Yep. I treat everything before they hit the streets. About a zillion posts ago I explained why I do this.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im just dreading my first scuff though. there is one little thing thats driving my o.c.d. sense off the chart, just one tiny scratch in the leather here:

i know its nothing, but it will keep catching my eye till i put more wear on them

It's shell cordovan, bro. That scuff will brush/rub out super easy.

bicktrav

Reaction score
hey quick question for anyone who owns these, is the fit with these the same as it is with the regular 1000 miles? i read that the new 744 are true to size, and i dont know if the 721 and the 744 are the same.
I have the 721s in a size 9 and I have the original 1000 miles in a size 9. They both fit me perfectly. My understanding is that the 744 was built on the same last as the 721, so it is going to be the exact same size. They should, therefore, also be the same size as the original 1000 miles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads