1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

so you went 1 full size down from your brannock size? considering barrie lasts are usually .5 down
    Assuming the nike sizing is your brannock size

2. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I did. And yep, 10 is my brannock.

My buddy is an 11 and tried on some 1K Addisons in 10 today and said they fit perfect.

Others will say .5 down is more appropriate.

YRMV.

In any case, I certainly wouldn't order any Wolverines in my brannock/"TTS", lol.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. twocoloreyes

twocoloreyes Active Member

hey quick question for anyone who owns these, is the fit with these the same as it is with the regular 1000 miles? i read that the new 744 are true to size, and i dont know if the 721 and the 744 are the same.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. twocoloreyes

never mind. bought em anyway!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

love em! color is awesome, the fit is odd though, my left foot is at least a size/half size smaller than my right, so its knocking around while my right foot is snug. i got a decent deal on them and i couldnt be happier with them for the price. im just dreading my first scuff though. there is one little thing thats driving my o.c.d. sense off the chart, just one tiny scratch in the leather here:

[​IMG]

i know its nothing, but it will keep catching my eye till i put more wear on them

cranes, did you treat these before your first wear? i havent taken them outside yet, im debating treating them or not.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  5. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

They look good. What was your finding on sizing vs regular 1000 mile boots?

6. twocoloreyes

about the same, if not slightly smaller. i have a 8.5 brown 1000 miles, and they fit like 9.5, these fit somewhere between 9-9.5

7. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I've found the same thing. I ordered the 721 in the same size as my regular 1000k's but the 721's seem to fit more snugly despite the measurements on both being identical. Perhaps a case of cordovan being more rigid?

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Yep. I treat everything before they hit the streets. About a zillion posts ago I explained why I do this.

9. MarioImpemba

It's shell cordovan, bro. That scuff will brush/rub out super easy.

10. bicktrav

bicktrav Active Member

I have the 721s in a size 9 and I have the original 1000 miles in a size 9. They both fit me perfectly. My understanding is that the 744 was built on the same last as the 721, so it is going to be the exact same size. They should, therefore, also be the same size as the original 1000 miles.

11. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

12. Christoph

Christoph Senior member

I emailed Leffot and they said it is a different last and that it fits true to size and to not size down like the other Wolverine boots, 1K or 721LTD.

13. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Anyone else finding the first few pics of the 744s a bit underwhelming? Hoping they're better looking in person

14. Cayman09

Cayman09 Member

Agreed. They look very feminine to my eyes.

15. MarioImpemba

I need to see better pictures of this cigar colour.

From what I've seen, I'd rather spend LESS and get some Alden shell captoes.

Though, I do love my 721's, and if I didn't own them already, I'd be more motivated to look at 744's.

16. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Agree. I like the style of 721, but the 744... just don't do it for me. I'd rather pay less and some Alden shell cordovan captoe.

17. PetzZz

PetzZz Member

Don't know what to think yet ... It depends a lot of the picture!
    On LeoSquare Mens's Facebook page, they look quite nice, but on NeedSupply, I find it quite hideous.

Here is a bonus pic, from a dealer who revealed a picture too soon :

[​IMG]

18. MarioImpemba

Nice! Looks much better there. Like the color.

19. burnso

burnso Senior member

I really like the dark leather soles and dark welt stitching on these LTD's (and the 721's). And I think the colour and style are great.

Due to the price, if I felt I could wear these as more than just a casual boot Id be getting them.
    Wardrobe needs (staple) dress shoes atm, and unfortunately I cant see these working :(...

20. MarioImpemba

Saw photos of the 744's on you-know-who's facebook. I retract my prior statements - they look great!