Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. thams

thams Senior member

Although I don't have any direct experience with White's semi dress, I've heard others rave about them. In many cases, people prefer them over the 1000 Miles because of their awesome durability (especially the lug soles). I've also heard people say that White's construction is better than Wolverine's which improves the boot's longevity as well. I can't speak to fit, but others seem to hold them in high regard.

I like the looks of the 1000 Mile's more, but White's is undeniably an awesome boot.

2. seer

seer Senior member

Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things. There are a bunch of new ones up on E-Bay now (don't tell any one; ). It wouldn't hurt to have a pair in rotation.

Last edited: May 8, 2012

3. thams

thams Senior member

Man this thread has been slow the past couple of days... I'll post some picture just because.

I brushed continually after barely wetting the boots with a damp cloth. The shine is starting to come out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Looks good so far! Keep at it.

My boots are a bit dusty but that's about it. I think they might be liking their new lifestyle. LOL!

There's plenty of people floating around here with these boots. Let's see some pics and tell us your story.

You do know that Wolverine corporate is following this thread and the other 1K threads as well right?

5. thams

thams Senior member

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of having these things recrafted? I emailed Allen Edmonds to ask, and they said no. I haven't read anything from Wolverine about it, so I'm assuming that it's a no-go. It's a shame though, I would use that service (eventually) if it were available to us.

6. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Dear Wolverine Corporate: please bring out an original (plain toe) 1000 mile boot in #8. I'll be it's biggest fan. Sincerely, Trapp.

7. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Lol, dammit, I desperately wanted to take mine to China with me the next couple of weeks, but packed light and only took one crummy pair of sneakers because I was too lazy to unlace and relace the 721's at the airports. Is it wrong to be excited to come back home just to wear them?

8. seer

seer Senior member

Simply stunning!

9. seer

seer Senior member

No, it is not wrong... I don't think...

10. seer

seer Senior member

ditto

11. thams

thams Senior member

A couple of more pictures in natural sunlight just because.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. seer

seer Senior member

Be still my heart...

13. schrag

schrag Well-Known Member

lol @ Seer. Those do look fine, but even without a medallion, I think my next pair of shoes/boots need to not be wingtips.

However, this thread has made me seriously consider cordovan boots as an addition to my nascent quality footwear collection.

14. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

No no no. Wolverine please bring out the original in Whiskey or Walnut shell. Please? If not how about a limited edition just for me? LOL!

In other Wolverine news. I was let in on a new product lineup that'll be released in the Fall. Will be very very interesting for sure. I'll be seeing the goods soon... about all I can say for now. Those pesky NDAs, gotta play nice.