1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Boot Fan

Boot Fan New Member

A little birdie told me today that the new 744LTD cordovan will be Brown with a cap toe. Everything else will look nearly identical. Start saving those pennies!!!

2. thams

thams Senior member

3. thams

thams Senior member

More pictures that show the color variations in shell. It's interesting how the color changes in different light -- the difference in color is more pronounced in natural sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. seer

seer Senior member

Really, who needs women when you have shell cordovan...

5. thams

thams Senior member

That's what I originally thought as well, but now I'm not so sure. A dealer actually sent me a picture of the new boot -- I don't think he was supposed to though. Cap toe yes, brown...not so sure.

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Releasing info on the 744, especially the pics is not a smart move by a dealer. Same goes for some of the other stuff in the line. When I say big I mean lose your dealership big.

7. thams

thams Senior member

I figured it wasn't a smart move on his part -- even if it was through email. If it tells you anything, it was the same guy that posted the 744LTD pictures in this thread a little while back. I'm kind of surprised nothing happened to him when he posted the pictures here originally.

8. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Thats probably why he disappeared so quickly from the forum. Everyone knew his name on ebay and he posted a pic on his profile, then all of his posts were gone.

9. thams

thams Senior member

Yeah, I know he was banned from this forum after that. I'm assuming he was banned because he posted the pictures.

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Beautiful. I love that you swapped laces as it inspired me to do so as well.

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

All of this makes sense to me. Sometimes I just don't get why people do dumbe things. Then again greed does make you do stupid shit.

Well my 721LTDs are really dusty. I knew relegating them to a life of luxury wouldn't last long. LOL. At least I stayed out of the mud and water. I went out for a bit yesterday and combed a couple of farm fields for rocks. I didn't find much of anything except a really nice trade blank. If nothing else it was a beautiful day outside.

12. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I was trying to keep one foot grounded in reality, but I certainly wouldn't complain if the original appeared in whiskey or (especially) walnut shell. That would be a whole other level.

Dreaming aside, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever they come up with. A simple shell captoe (without wings or brogueing) might also be nice.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

So after nearly a month of daily wear the trees are back in the 721s. I'm going to bring them to my leather guy today and have them resoled commando style my way. Lugged heel plate and a raptor half sole upfront. While he has them I'll have him work his magic on the uppers as well. If he does as good a job on them as my original 1Ks I won't recognize them.

I think it's time to drag out the ol' brown pair for a while.....

14. seer

seer Senior member

Can't wait for pictures!

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I talked with Chris awhile on what to do to the 721s. We're going to go with a complete recraft on 'em along with my world famous lugged/raptor half soles. He's also going to try to work out the toebox damage on the left boot. It's kind of interesting, he's a Wolverine dealer as well and he mentioned something about having lasts to rebuild Wolverine boots. When I pick them up I'm going to question him at length about this.

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

He probably means that when he resoles the boots, they will be put on the same last that they were built on, ensuring there is no chance for slight size or shaping issues which can occur when a shoe is resoled on a standard/common/un-original last.

17. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

That's what I'm thinking Moo. If so he would be a go to guy for sure.

18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

It's definitely a bit of a luxury these days. No local cobbler, unless one has a situation like yours, will resole on an original last.

19. seer

seer Senior member

Who is this cobbler? Does he take mail in orders?

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I'll find out when he's done with my boots. I want to make sure I have all the details right before I post his CI.