1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Here you go. This is right after the job was done about a year ago. They're still hanging in there. Of course that nice cleaned look didn't last very long. LOL! [​IMG] Haven't seen the 744s in person just pics in the catalogs which I can't scan and release til fall. I personally won't be getting a pair unless they magically show up as a lagniappe. LOL.

2. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

can you tell us at least the color of the 744? Brown, tan, burgundy, black, etc....

3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Hmmm so you want a teaser? I'll be at the store in a bit, but I'm not going to guarantee anything OK?

4. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

The rubber looks good on those 1k's i'll have to think about that.

5. seer

seer Senior member

Yes it does, but there is something old school - traditional - about leather soles. I don't think I ever saw the older men of my neighborhood wear anything else. And they managed to get through New England winters...

6. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

I agree. If I do this i would keep one pair untouched for this reason. The majority of my shoes are leather soled.

7. seer

seer Senior member

As Tevye said, we must keep up tradition!

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

That's why my 721s will be resoled with leather. Some things just need to not be messed with.

I really can't release info on pretty much the entire 1K Fall line til the official launch date. Sorry but NDAs are NDAs. I can say this much though, you'll like what's coming. I'm also going to talk to Wolverine about an idea I have about those 744s. That's about all I'm going to say for now.

It's pouring like crazy right now. Among other things I plan on doing a little rock or Turkey hunting tomorrow. The Addisons are going to get a break for a while. It's time for more fun with the 721s. If I get a chance I'll brush them down and take a quick pic before I go play in Missouri muck. Otherwise you can expect a pic of them covered in muck.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  9. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

10. thams

thams Senior member

If the pictures that were posted of the new boot are real, then the color is, well, interesting. The style is awesome though!

11. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

I like the new toe design, but the color was pretty odd.

12. seer

seer Senior member

I wish they would make a three eyelet chukka - on the US made 1000 mile side. The older I get the more I like chukkas! And do we know on what date they will be releasing the new line?

13. seer

seer Senior member

Can you describe it? I didn't get to see them.

14. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

green, I think it must be a joke

15. seer

seer Senior member

Really? That might be interesting. Alden makes a loden color boot for Unionmade - I like those.

16. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Yeah, it was a cap toe with a dark to medium green color, it wasn't as dark as the loden color, it was a lot lighter green compared to the Alden. It was had to tell, the picture was in low light a little blurry so it might be fake.

17. seer

seer Senior member

I guess we will have to wait, but I won't discount them because of the color.

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Here you go. The 721s are in the middle. Wiped them down with a damp rag, hit them with a brush and took the pic. I have done nothing maintenance wise since my initial oil snoseal treatment. They've gone through the same conditions as my other 2 pair of 1Ks and the difference in leathers is glaringly obvious. About all that's happened to them so far is a few scuffs that pretty much come out by rubbing them with a finger or rag. Water beads off, mud wipes off without discoloring the leather which is what I expect out of shell. Don't believe me? The pic tells the story way better than words. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Ordered a pair of 721's yesterday from juancanjura on ebay. Looks like he already shipped! Expected delivery 26 April. Very excited. Can anyone else comment on procedure for oven-baking sno-seal? I do not have a hair-dryer, and also this method seems easier, to boot (pun).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  20. seer

seer Senior member

Ok, I know that Crane is the expert here but I have had some experience with shell. I would not use sno-seal on these. I wonder if you will be putting them through the same rigor that Crane does. Nick at Horween recommends Venetian shoe cream on cordovan. I used this on my Alden shell cordovans and it works great - a couple of coats really keeps out the moisture - and it creates a beautiful deep sheen. Just my two cents.