Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. meso

meso Senior member

Nothing going on there that looks unexpected.
    Actually they look fantastic for being worn that hard!

2. seer

seer Senior member

Blasphemy!!!!

3. WNWS

WNWS Member

Both are indeed great boots! Meso, do you mind sharing with us your sizing for 1000 mile and GT?
    Thanks!

4. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

cheers, will look into this

5. along

along Member

Are the tongue on 1k mile original bellows tongue?

6. raags

raags Senior member

Does anyone have experience getting lug/commando/cat's paw soles applied to the 1000 Miles? is this doable?

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Yeah it's doable. Myself and quite a few others have done it already. It's been well documented in this thread. From over a year ago.... [​IMG]

8. muzach

muzach Active Member

Can anyone compare the color of the chestnut Red Wing Beckman/Gentleman Travelers versus the tan 1000 Mile boots? I have a pair of brown 1000 Mile boots, and love them, but want to get another pair of boots so I can alternate and extend the life of both. I saw some Chestnut GT's in person and the color was beautiful, but I like the design of the Wolverines more, so if the tan is really close, I'd prefer to go with Wolverines again. I haven't been able to see those in person.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Tan 1Ks.... Flash, brand new [​IMG] Natural daylight WB 5500K, beatup after a year... [​IMG]

10. 66Nick

66Nick New Member

So a few months ago I posted about the stitching on my Wolverine 1K boots starting to come undone. Wolverine was fantastic about exchanging them for a new pair, however after only a few weeks, I've noticed that my new boots are doing the same thing! Pic:

[​IMG]

Needless to say I'll be calling Wolverine again, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality if this happens to both pairs of boots I've owned. Has anyone else here noticed this? Is it maybe just bad luck with getting back-to-back problems?

I decided to give the boots a very thorough inspection in light of this discovery and noticed another flaw in the stitching on the same boot. Maybe someone was working on them at the end of a Friday afternoon?

Pic of the other flaw... The end of the stitching isn't stitched, it's just a loose bit of thread.

[​IMG]

Other than my personal experiences with some flaws, I've been very happy with the boots and would still recommend them to anyone. Plus if there's a problem, Wolverine takes care of it. (at least so far)

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  11. meso

meso Senior member

YMMV but I was 9.5 for 1000 mile and 10 for GTs.
    Break-in was tougher on GTs and the tongue makes it more difficult to get my foot in.

1000 miles generally look smaller... the toe box is more shaped, shorter and less boxy.
    I don't have a pair of 1000 miles any more otherwise I would take a pic.
    The difference is kinda dramatic.
    I'm 6'3 and looked a little silly in 1000 miles.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  12. althanis

althanis Senior member

I just checked mine (wearing them today) and don't notice anything like this. Sorry it's happening to yours.

13. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

Has anyone tried out the montague chelsea boots? Thoughts?

EDIT: oh the sole is rubber...hmm never mind

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  14. wesmamyke

wesmamyke Active Member

Update on the boots I sent back to Wolverine for warranty:

They sent out a new pair, unfortunately the replacement boots were defective also, they covered the shipping costs on the second pair and got me a third pretty quick. New ones showed up and look pretty good! I think most of the delay was an email issue, Zach sent at least one email I never got. Called, got him on the phone and he took care of it, def recommend calling instead of email for faster service.

Now some crazy talk, I am tempted to send the brand new pair off to have black Dainite soles put on. I plan on calling B.Nelson this week to ask if it's possible. I suppose they have to replace the brown welt also to make them completely black, seems doable though. Anybody done anything similar?

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

It's been done already by more than a few of us, self included. My original 1Ks have been half soled with a Vibram lug heel and Raptor half sole. My 721s are in for a recraft and the same thing will happen to them. My Addisons could probably be resoled about now as well. They'll get a half sole treatment similar to the Alden commando sole found on some Indy boots.