Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. seer

seer Senior member

My Orvis cap toe CXL shoe after a little Saphir neutral creme. It is hard to see the deep hues and color variations in this picture, but the leather is looking more stunning every day...

[​IMG]

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have those shoes, they're beautiful. I wouldn't go for the red laces though! :embar:. I guess I am just a bit too conventional.

3. seer

seer Senior member

They are actually a deep burgundy, darker than they look in the pictures - I think they look rich set off against the deep brown. But it's a matter of taste.

4. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

My Rockford 1000 mile boots after about 3 months of heavy wear. A lot of 20 hour days, a few 48 hour days. Walk/Commute, Lab, Machine Shop, Hiking, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not extraordinarily happy with all of the crinkling that is going on. But some of it is to be expected (I think?)

5. seer

seer Senior member

The crinkling is not unusual - really they look great - like well worn boots should look. I have a pair of Rockfords coming in - should be here today or tomorrow!

6. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

Can anyone make some size recommendations on these, I'm in Aus so not sure if there is anywhere i can go to try a pair on...

I'm usually around an 10.5-11US in both Nike & Vans. 11 to me is more comfortable but I usually squeeze into a 10.5 as I have relatively big feet for my height. The width of my foot is probably average, potentially a little bit wide. I recently bought a pair of Sebago/Filson co-labs that are a 9.5 & fit perfectly. If anyone can help with sizing that would be appreciated

Also, does anyone know if Revolve still do the 30% off discount on the first purchase? or if anyone can recommend the best place to order these online it would be awesome. cheers

7. trig

trig Senior member

woot. just got myself a pair of original browns from the gf for our anny. Now to probably get them topied somewhere locally and hit em with some mpb.

8. Rollox

Rollox Member

Where abouts in Aus? I have seen them retail in Melb and Brisbane at various different times but ended up ordering from revolve myself for the free shipping.

9. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I still have a pair of 1K originals in size 10 brown to get rid of. PM me for price, free shipping CONUS.

10. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

in melbs

11. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

Just ordered a pair of brown 1000 mile's from Revolve. I want these to last a while & have been looking at the Montana Pitch Blend leather dressing, I want to treat mine before I wear them but I can't seem to find this product here in Melbourne, Aus....

Can anyone recommend anything similar that I can use that may be more available here?

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

Another very popular choice that I use also, is Obenauf's Leather Protectant. Not sure if you'd be able to find it there though, try checking their site and see how much shipping is.

13. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Maybe RM Williams Saddle and Leather dressing ?

Used it for a few years on my RMW.

14. ryvac

ryvac Well-Known Member

after buying a red wing boot now I'm spending time searching about the wolverine 1000 boot.
    on no....it's only a matter a time now

15. meso

meso Senior member

No shame in having both.
    Just get a different color!
    I've had 1000s in black, tan & GTs in cherry red & black over the years.
    Good boots all.