• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

milw50717

Reaction score

...and here's the promised update on the rust boots that took some abuse a few weeks ago. As you'll see, the results are mixed.

Here's the original post with the 'before' photos - http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/1185#post_5386891 It'll be interesting to see how these turn out. Please keep posting pictures as you go along.

My 1K's are now fairly scuffed on the toes and the heel counter with some loss of finish. So far I have just been using Obenaufs LP on them but am wondering if I should try some polish at some point.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fairly easy to blend the color. What's not so easy to do is match or blend the finish. Wax can help but your cobbler should be able to hit them with his burnishing/polishing wheel which does wonders. Here's my Addisons with a ton of abrasions... My brown boots were far worse and when I had them resoled my leather guy cleaned them up and this is how they looked when I picked them up. The guy's a miracle worker.

Dbc0919

Reaction score
Purchased a pair of brown 1000 mile boots from Revolve with the first time customer discount. First pair went back due to a number of deep scratches that were never going to brush out. Received replacements today. While these have a number of scrapes, scratches and imperfections that I might be able to live with, there are also these more substantial imperfections pictured below. Pictures are poor quality but I think show what I am seeing. Is this common? Should I accept this as the nature of the chromexcel? Is it unreasonable to expect a "perfect" pair or should I live with these?

phxsuns13

Reaction score
^^
I think that small imperfections like that are common. I've had two brand new pairs, one from Revolve and one directly from Wolverine, and both have had slight irregularities in the leather like your pair. Once you start to break them in you won't even be able to notice it anyways.

Flaming

Reaction score
on the brannock device, it is size 8 but the store assistant told me that i should wear a 9 due to my wide fore foot. so should i wear a 8 for addison?

thams

Reaction score
on the brannock device, it is size 8 but the store assistant told me that i should wear a 9 due to my wide fore foot. so should i wear a 8 for addison?

I think it's difficult to say without trying them on. The brannock device can only tell you the size of your foot, not which last will be comfortable for your foot. I know that's probably not the answer you want, but I've read so about so many people being disappointed by the fit of a shoe because they ordered them without trying them on first.

seer

Reaction score
Any pictures of the Rockford after some wear? I'm just about to order a pair - how do they fit?

Last edited:

Dayman

Reaction score
I haven't seen many wear picture of the Rockford. A lot of people seem to have them, but never seem to get pictures on here. The Rockford fits just like the normal 1000 mile.

seer

Reaction score
I haven't seen many wear picture of the Rockford. A lot of people seem to have them, but never seem to get pictures on here. The Rockford fits just like the normal 1000 mile.
Yeah, I was wondering about the lacing - it seems different. I do like the way the boot looks though...

along

Reaction score
I am planning to purchase a pair of 1k mile original; that's after wearing the Rockford for the past month; love the leather (will post some pix when my wife returns the camera).

i need members' advice. are the tongue on the 1k mile original gusseted [URL="http://?

the one on the rockford isn't, and it's not rain-proof like RW875 and fracap despite using the same dubbin.

cheers"]?

the one on the rockford isn't, and it's not rain-proof like RW875 and fracap despite using the same dubbin.

cheers
.[/URL]

Dayman

Reaction score
Yeah, they are nice and I always liked the looks, but when i did look for a pair a while ago, i could never find any in my size. The lacing is different for sure, but as far as i know you should feel comfortable getting your normal 1k size. Post some pics if you get them!

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Yeah, they are nice and I always liked the looks, but when i did look for a pair a while ago, i could never find any in my size. The lacing is different for sure, but as far as i know you should feel comfortable getting your normal 1k size. Post some pics if you get them!
ok, there are a few on E-Bay for $239.

mike134

Reaction score
I have worn in rockfords. Though not beaten in like Crane's. I'll post pics in a couple days after the academic semester winds down. They are my daily wear for days I'm in the laboratory, machine shop, or field.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's one pic of my 721LTDs after a bunch of brushing. Might as well post one in the monster review thread. LOL. More can be found in my review thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads